Whimsical iTunes Desire

Discussion in 'macOS' started by rayansud, Jan 22, 2012.

1. rayansud macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I understand if you can't help with this, but it would be really cool is you could.

I renamed my iPhone to "Titanic" and I want to replace the button in ines that says Sync with Sink. Is there a way to go into the iTunes app and modify button image files? Thanks!

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Sure you can, it's much like modifying any other resource that isn't dynamic (like iCal's Dock icon). Right-click the application in question, choose Show Package Contents, go to Contents then Resources. Find the image.

3. rayansud thread starter macrumors newbie

I did try that, but for the life of me I could not find the Sync button. Could somebody please find it for me and give me the path or name of the file (if its not too much work)

Thanks again!

4. rayansud thread starter macrumors newbie

oh, and also, it would be cool to change the iPhone icon in iTunes (in the summary tab and on the sidebar) to a ship!:D
    :apple:

5. rayansud thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Drew017 macrumors 65816

Drew017

That definitely can be done! Just download themepark, or any app that opens .rsrc files. Then, open the iTunes.rsrc, and find the button, edit it, and save.

7. rayansud thread starter macrumors newbie

do you know of any other rsrc editor that works on OSX as everything else i find is either PPC or Classic (I'm on Lion so no Rosetta) as Themepark 3 keeps crashing after looking at 3 images and Themepark 4. (latest) doesnt include rsrc editing