Whiners will whine....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mad Mac Maniac, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    People are sheep. I'm sick of hearing the stampede of complainers about the new data rates. I for one happen to like them. They give increased flexibility and end up being much cheaper for me (and 98% of iphone customers) in the long run.

The grass is always greener... can you imagine the outrage if the situation were reversed??

":eek: OMG AT&T just increased the data rates!!!! I only am using 189mb(that's my actual usage) per month!! Why should I be paying DOUBLE just because that guy over there wants to abuse the system, illegally tether, and use 10gb a month!"

I don't sympathize with you 2% of people that are eating up all my bandwidth and slowing down the network.

2. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Sounds like a whiner to me.

3. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Agree 100%. Something that saves a large majority of people $$$ and people are still bitching

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Makes sense.
    Why should I pay $30 for an average of 60-80mb while others use like 10+GB of data per month.
    I'm going with the $15 and those that don't want to pay the unlimited $30 fee and using iPhones with no data can add a more affortable plan instead.
    It's a win win IMO.

5. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

How much downloading a MB should cost if:
    EDGE?
    3G?
    3GS?
    4G?
    And what about uploading?
    For video chatting uploading is really important.

6. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Sounds like you need to get a better comprehension of the term sheep.

Before I even address your statement I'd like to hear how sheep applies to people not being happy with the new plans.

If there were 1000 topics on people loving the new plans would they be sheep as well? Or since they'd be agreeing with you they wouldn't be sheep?

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Does your thread not cause some sort of weird double standard? Whining about data plans or whining about posts that whine about data plans.

8. SuperDuper-C macrumors member

Well, when Gizmodo runs stories with titles such as "Say Goodbye to AT&T's Unlimited Data Plan For The iPad 3G" and "AT&T Just Killed Unlimited Wireless Data (and Screwed Everybody in the Process)", it's easy to see why people are looking at it in a very narrow minded way.

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Without whiners MacRumors would cease to exist. Remember that next time you see a whiner posting and be sure to thank them. Oh, and thanks for whining. :)

BTW, I agree with you, unless AT&T turns around and raises the rates in a year or so.

10. Mad Mac Maniac thread starter macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

Sheep on two counts.

a) what you stated. People are just jumping on the bandwagon of discontent, of hating at&t and of finding something to come together to complain about. So yes the flip side as you stated could also be true, but in my eyes (and in 98% of iphone users) 2GB should be plenty so this is a good thing. But I feel like some people start to complain and the others just jump on board without thinking for themselves and without realizing that this actually benefits them

b) The grass is always greener mentality. People hate change and want to go back to the old way, to switch to how the other guy is doing it... I could call people cows, but some of us fat americans would get offended :p

so go ahead. address my statement :)

11. OOC macrumors member

What I find humorous is all the people who are going to switch to Sprint in a giant mass. Do they not realize that once they flood over, Sprint will have to come up with something similar because the carrier won't be able to handle that much traffic?

But, more than likely that won't happen. People will just deal with it and move on.

12. danielsmu macrumors regular

So many well thought out points, it's hard to know where to start...

Excellent point. It's a good thing you'll continue to only use 189MB per month for years to come too. After video chat is added. After lala 2.0/itunes.com allows you to stream your entire music library wirelessly. After netflix and hulu release streaming apps. Yep, I'm sure you'll continue to only need 189MB per month.

Don't worry, I'm sure AT&T will simply increase your data cap and definitely won't just charge you to use more data as the average user's needs increase with technology. They care about customers more than making money since they're obviously adding these caps to protect you from the big bad 2% (not to gouge customers as bandwidth needs increase over time).

I'm sure you'll also love checking your data plan before you know if you have enough MB left to view a youtube video. Make no mistake, that's where data caps will take us.

(Also, please spare me the "but Verizon does it too!" argument. Data caps are bad for consumers in the long run and just because other companies are adding them too doesn't make them any less detrimental to the internet as we know it.)

13. masterlimp macrumors member

+1

Couldn't you have posted this incredibly stupid and pointless thread as a post in one of the many, many threads already regarding the subject?

EDIT:
    You don't seem to realize that this does absolutely nothing to stop those people. They can continue to do what they've been doing. Tether with MyWi on the $30 unlimited plan.

14. Mad Mac Maniac thread starter macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

at least it is a new and slightly refreshing side to the complaining :p I can handle a singular complaint. but when everyone bands together to complain relentlessly about things that actually benefit them.....?? :cool:

Wow, I hadn't even seen those. That's why I stick to MR :) (ok and engadget a little :p )

15. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

16. OOC macrumors member

You can do all of those over a wifi signal. Are you going to be on your iPhone all day long video chatting, streaming videos/movies and streaming music? If you answered yes, than you're the 2% AT&T are talking about. Most people work or go to school and don't have the luxury of using their phone. You've got an iPod implemented into the phone, so why not build up a nice library instead of streaming all the time?

17. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Bingo. Which is why I'm glad AT&T is allowing us to keep our $30 unlimited plans.

18. auero macrumors 65816

Why should I pay the same amount of money for LESS? So I can save 5 dollars? How about being able to PROVIDE me good, stable service. Some don't have 3G coverage most of the time to begin with. As for it reducing strain on the network... good luck. There are so many iphone users as it is already, don't think that they'll all switch to the new plans to save $5 and have to worry about going over their data. The rest will still be grandfathered in and still "abuse" the network... but then again, they're paying for unlimited so how can they be "abusing" it?

</whine>

19. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

Maybe crying, whining, pissing and moaning would make it all better for you? Ahh, that's why you're responding to this thread, interesting...

20. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

Not whining, (Ill actually save $5.00 mo), but I feel a little uneasy about a forced rate change. Wonder whats down the pike?

Guess I just dont trust anyone/thing.

BTW was I the only one with more data usage last month (may), than any other month? I always use 110-240 Mb. In May, I somehow used almost 400Mb

Data usage since Dec: 213 Mb, 138, 219, 115, 220, and in May 398 Mb!

See? I just dont trust anything. OK.. That may be a whine.

21. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Agreed, I should be surprised, but I am at the level of whining and complaining.

I'm sure we'll be hearing a lot more whining next monday. Like clockwork people will be complaining about the new iPhone.

As for the current favorite whine subject, I'd be surprised if most of the vocal whiners posting, use more then 2gb now but yet people like to complain when they feel like their unlimited handout is being curtailed

22. Mad Mac Maniac thread starter macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

Well then you wouldn't have read my post :p

and your edit brings me to my next point. If there's something I dislike more than whiners, it's people that whine about things that don't affect them. You get to keep your stinkin' unlimited if you want to. (which sucks for those of us that aren't abusing it and have to deal with the data strain...)

because most of them are illegally tethering

23. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

No, it is not a slightly more refreshing side to the complaining. It's another complaint, albeit another side it is hardly refreshing. This is a singular complaint, it's a complaint about AT&T data plans, it's a mass of people who are not at all pleased with it.

I am grandfathered in, I have MyWi and frankly I doubt any of it will affect me. However, I am not at all pleased with the updates to the plans and I am halfway considering moving to another carrier that is not hell bent on making my difficult for having a smartphone. That is just me and my plight. I respect people's opinions but they are just opinions and I rarely see a multi-million dollar company bend because people are outraged over a business decision. I deal with people like this day in and day out but on another level and frankly I'd like to tell them all to f*** off. I'm sure AT&T feels the same.

24. Mad Mac Maniac thread starter macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

oh boy I am NOT looking forward to that.... *shudders* I can already hear them now :p i feel like every single update and/or release since the original iphone has been met with so much hate. haha.

edit: I use that timeline because that's when I started following :)

25. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I had the misfortune of frequenting the MBP forum when apple updated the MacBook Pro lines. Now there was some good b*tching.