Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrisi29

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2008
Hey everybody!

I've got this machine for two weeks now and I noticed that it started making an additional noise a few days ago. It looks as if it was coming from under the left side of the keyboard. It's not loud at all and it wouldn't bother me too much. But given the fact that it was completly silent the first days it DOES bother me. What do you think happened? Is it just dust? Or is the fan broken?

Help me please :(

andybill

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2008
had the same problem, there was a ball bearing in the fan or something. Took it into a Mac store and got it fixed.

chrisi29

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2008
Did they replace the fan? Or did they just clean it? Thnx for the info!

milthon

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2008
ya my mbp has the same noise on the left side. havent notice any affects on the cooling. however i am planing on taking it to apple to get it fixed. do you guys know how long it will take for them to fix?

codyst

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2008
Austin, TX
ya my mbp has the same noise on the left side. havent notice any affects on the cooling. however i am planing on taking it to apple to get it fixed. do you guys know how long it will take for them to fix?

20 minutes probably.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.