Whisc MBP is best 4 me?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jsyxx, Apr 27, 2009.

1. jsyxx macrumors newbie

I am in my final year of film school and I would like to finally use my own equipment this year, so from school and back home a MacBook Pro wld be perfect, especially for editing

I also will be taking on some odd jobs in aspirations to launch my business on a small scale.

So the editing that I will be doing will not be on a massive scale but it wld b a fair amount. Hoping 2 run adobe cs4 and final cut on it.

So i already know that MBP 17" is the ultimate purchase for editing but can any of the cheaper brands do the job as well?
    I can use some extra cash to buy a better camera
    What do you think?

2. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

Any of the Macbook Pros are more than capable of doing what you're trying to do. 17" isn't very portable though so if you want portability don't go for that.

Bottom line is. How much can you spend? There's never a problem going for the best hardware out there. ;)

3. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

do you like os x? personally i think PhotoShop and friends run better on os x. what other brands are you considering? also the 2.66ghz 15" is great and then you can get a external monitor.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I think the 15" 2.66GHz model is good enough for editing; you can always get a nice display as well.

5. jsyxx thread starter macrumors newbie

leaning towards the 15" now

I'm trying to spend between $1500 - $2000
    I know that the 17" is about $2800, but i saw some good deals on ebay

I am also basically very new to the Mac (i'm fed up of windows)
    i've noticed however that there are different 17" MBP's such as the ones that came out prior, in different years.
    What's the difference? are these good as well? is the new 15" much better than these?

6. capriseyhaze macrumors regular

capriseyhaze

you could get a 2.6 or 2.53 previous genaration 17 mbp for a really good price. if your are looking to spend 2 grand then you could get a really good previous gen that would handel all of your needs.