Whistle phone whats it gonna cost?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by JayBlox, May 18, 2010.

1. JayBlox macrumors newbie

Hey guys. I recently downloaded the wistle phone application. Great app and can be a great tool when on vacation and wanting to call the US. Question is... Although the app is free and you can make calls on it, what about the recipient? I looked at whistle phone rates and it appears the one you are calling will be charged for the call. Does anyone have some insight? I really dont want to make calls at my leisure only to find out i cost my family memeber hundreds of dollars for making the calls. Please advise

2. glitch44 macrumors 65816

3. JayBlox thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the link but i dont see anything that says if the one you are calling will have to pay fees while it is FREE for you to make the call.

4. whistleguru macrumors newbie

Whistle is a free service

Hello all, I am the product manager for Whistle and I can confirm no one is charged when making a domestic phone call. Domestic phone calls are ad supported, thus making them free. If you make international phone calls (ie to anywhere outside the continental US) you will need to add to your Whistle balance to successfully complete the call. The people who receive phone calls from Whistle will never be charged.

Hope you enjoy the service !