White 13" Keyboard Replacement Price

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jeanaf, Jun 1, 2009.

1. jeanaf macrumors newbie

Ok, so, I definitely damaged my keyboard. I, like many other fools, spilled water on my MacBook. I took all measures not to damage the entire computer.. (it turning it upside down, drying out, etc.)
    My MacBook, AND the internet, still works. As a matter of fact I am typing to you from a bluetooth keyboard from my macbook as we speak.
    My questions are:
    1] YES I KNOW water damage voids my warranty and isnt under apple care (silly, i just bought this macbook less than a year ago). But how much do you think it would be to have it replaced? :confused: The apple store refuses to give me a ballpark price over the phone. I'm a poor college student =[
    2.] Do you think the keyboard is the only damage done? My MacBook seems to be running fine but my keyboard freaks out.. It started with "Q's" repeating.. then now I think it just keeps hitting the command key itself. The trackpad works fine though.

Your insight would be greatly appreciated guys.

2. jeanaf thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm just wondering what makes you think this could be the case..

thanks for the website.. that keyboard is extremely reasonable. If I take the keyboard to be installed at Apple, will they do it? Or be fussy because it is not direct from them? I know they get very technical with their customer support.