white 16gb ATT mute bottom strange

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphone4sATT, Oct 17, 2011.

1. iphone4sATT macrumors newbie

My mute button does not "click" when moved from silent but does going to silent. Went into Att to play with the floor model, mine is certainly defective but does work. Would you swap over it? Worried it will not hold in one position and might get worse.

2. schizbomb macrumors 6502

It may be anal of me but I would ask for a new one, I would want my large investment to work just like everything else.

3. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

Seriously? Is it that big of a deal it doesn't…'click'?

4. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I'm not sure I'd considering buying a phone an investment. It is like a car... A depreciating asset.

Anyway, I wouldn't say mine clicks on my Verizon 4. However, I've never played with any other of them to know what it should be doing either.

5. zmulleni macrumors regular

zmulleni

I bought my phone for $299 and sold it for $560, how is that not an investment.

6. Kendo macrumors 68000

The device is worth $650 without contract. And you didn't just pay $299. The carrier took a $300 hit so that you would give them roughly $2000 over the course of a 2 year contract.

7. iphone4sATT thread starter macrumors newbie

Mute switch

It is more than a click, should say "lock". It does not lock into the "on" position and has a lot of play in it. It is clearly defective. Would apple let me upgrade to larger phone on the exchange?

8. powerbuddy macrumors 6502

For mine, going from silent the switch gets stuck in the middle, if you push it gently. No problem, going from silent if you push it faster.

9. Applejuiced, Oct 17, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2011

Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, you can only get the same phone model, storage and color using AppleCare.

10. Kendo macrumors 68000

For me it is the opposite. If I go from ringer to silent and push gently, it sometimes gets stuck in the middle. If I push it with normal force, it snaps into place.

I think this is just the nature of the 4S design. With my 3GS, it always locks into place due to the curvature. With the 4S, since the switch is completely resting on a flat surface, maybe it is easier to get stuck?

Don't stress too much OP. For your previous phone before the 4S, do you stress today what condition it is in? No right? My point is, just enjoy the 4S. Because in two years when you upgrade, you're not going to care anymore. And on and on this cycle goes.

11. zmulleni macrumors regular

zmulleni

Not if my company foots the wireless bill. So thanks for playing.

Besides most people are going to pay for wireless service regardless so buying a phone for $299 and selling it for $560 is profitable for a device as an investment is concerned. It's a hell of a lot better than paying full price for an iPhone and having to sell for $350

12. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Ah but see, I have 3 kids who all think they need an iPhone (and only the teen has been told she can have one if she is paying), so the odds of my ever selling my phone is nil.

I rarely buy an item with the intent to flip it, so for me, like i said, *I* would not consider the phone an investment. In fact, a phone on contract, TO ME, is a massive liability and took months of thinking about taking that leap. But then again, I went thru a nasty divorce with mega finance games.

Anyway, I'm always happy to hear about people selling for a "profit", I did that once with my sight camera!

13. Kendo macrumors 68000

So anytime someone gets something for free and sells it for a profit, that counts as an investment. Total genius.

14. zmulleni, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011

zmulleni macrumors regular

zmulleni

Wrong again. I pay for the "device" my company pays for the "wireless service." Thus the device to me is "profitable." Therefore a "profitable investment." I put in plenty of time and hard work for my company and have brought them in well over than what my contract is worh in less than a weeks work. Oh and by the way constantly making snide remarks is not going to get you anywhere, think positive, speak positive and positive things will happen.

Like I said before if you're paying for wireless service regardless the device itself can be deemed profitable. No other phones on the market hold their value like Apple's do.