White and Black Macbooks

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hoopdy, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Hoopdy macrumors 6502

I could care less about the bigger hard drive in the black model, but I will get it if it turns out to stay cleaner. Basically, which will show less wear and tear: a white or black macbook?

It will be used around the house and travel to and from school in a laptop bag. What I'm trying to prevent is seeing fingerprint smudges, light scratches(highly unlikely it will get any) and/or stains. Sometimes I notice big sploches on mac touchpads...looks like greasy fingers... I'm guess the white wouldn't shwo too much of that, though.

2. Brianstorm91 macrumors 65816

Brianstorm91

The blackbook shows finger marks, and the whitebook used to get grubby, although Apple seem to have done something about it now.

3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

the black macbook will show that shiny wear on the trackpad and space bar, looking like oily patches. the white won't be as bad in this regard, but the outer casing will scratch easily with its glossy shell; it's also more prone to finger prints. given the two, i'd opt for the blackbook.

4. nemex macrumors regular

nemex

My vote goes to the white macbook. A friend of mine has black one and the fingerprints are very noticeable in the case and it also shows weird greasy shine in the trackpad. I do have a white one and finger prints are harder to spot, though the greasy shine is present in the trackpad but is less noticeable.

IMHO, White is better :apple:

5. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

White is right if your looking for clean. The black gets nasty quickly and needs constant cleaning. I would have never thunk it myself but having had some of each, know better.

6. Stolencheese macrumors newbie

I'm on my white macbook right now, Go for white!

• White is cheaper!
    • White stays finger-print proof!
    • Apple is white, Everyone knows that!

7. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I am selling my black one and changing to white for the specific reason of I can't stand how dirty it looks all the time (oh yeah, and my blackbook isn't SR :rolleyes:)

8. zirkle2007 macrumors 6502

zirkle2007

Silver is the new white.
    ;)

9. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

Vote for Black here
    Black in my opinion is a much better color. White looks very cheap and i can't stand the glossy finish. As for fingerprints, keep your fingers clean and it won't happen:D

10. SavageMac macrumors member

I am using a Black SR MacBook and I love it.

Yes, smudges do happen with this machine but it is very easy to clean (just wipe down). I have to do this every 3 days and it is no big deal at all.

The White MBs are way too common, everybody and their mommy has one.

Get Black:apple:

11. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

That kind of says a lot that you have to clean it every 3 days. I clean my white macbook, oh once every 3-4 months? It doesn't need cleaning otherwise, it just stays clean and looks good.

Yes, they're a lot more common than the black macbooks, but that's because a lot of people don't see much point in paying a premium to have it in black. :p

12. xfusejc macrumors 6502

I owned a black Macbook up to a couple days ago, and I sold it to buy a white one.

I originally went with the black because it wouldn't scratch easily, or at least not show them. After a couple of months, I realized that anything on my possession, least of all a Macbook, would not be scratched, which I guess I didn't know when I went to buy one originally.

The fingerprint smudges are the most annoying thing ever. I couldn't stand it. It's definitely personal preference, but if you don't think your computer will get scratched, I highly recommend getting a white one.