white back glass installed

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mytran80, Aug 20, 2010.

1. mytran80 macrumors regular

hey guys , i got this glass on ebay for $4.50 ea so i gave it a shot for some possible extra protection and style ;) .

i didn't want to mess anything up from the inside so i left the phone the way it is , i sprayed adhesive spray only on my bodyguardz skin ,and apply the glass on it immediately , i had to line it up a few times but luckily the glue was still moist and wet . after an hour , its sticks on the phone real good , + i'll be getting my bumper case soon and that'll help support the adhesive too.

overall it looks really nice for $4.50 , don't feel much bulkiness ,the flash washed out the pics a bit but not too bad.

so i took some pics especially for you guys , so enjoy and be innovative :D

p.s parton my fingers need to do my nails lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

3. SophiaLee macrumors 6502a

SophiaLee

Sooo, you just glued it to back of the existing black backplate w/ a skin in between?

4. moomoopanda macrumors member

5. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Wow, that sticks up awfully high. How long can that last?? :confused:

6. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

7. mytran80 thread starter macrumors regular

Lol it's not at least not higher than the sgp leather skin guard . I was surprise too but it's on there good , the glass is really really thin and light weight

8. DeePeezy macrumors member

I saw these on ebay too. I'm willing to bet they scratch easiliy. Let us know.

9. mytran80 thread starter macrumors regular

Lol you blind? Looks great man , it was intended to be an add on like a skin guard , a $4.00 accessory man! Why would I want to ruin my original black glass by removing it from the battery cover ? You have $100.00 + for me to buy an extra complete back plate? This is a good alternative

The glass is crystal clear it's like having a a uv filter lens on your d slr camera no problems here pics are perfect , but it does effect the flash a bit just like all those cases that have flash issues

Ok I will but from The looks of it seems hard to see any scratches on the white glass , I have an iPhone 3G 16gb white and it's hard to see cosmetic flaws on it unless I look really close with a flashlight

10. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

no, a good alternative would be a gelaskin or zagg skin that is white withe the appropriate apple markings. this is a half-arsed attempt at something...I don't have 100bux for you to buy one, I bought my own with my money I work for.

in the end its your phone, do with it what you like

11. whofeelsitknows macrumors newbie

That's all I needed to know.

12. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

13. ipadder macrumors regular

Sorry but I gotta ask...what is with your skin above the fingernails... :confused:

14. S.Kay macrumors member

S.Kay

Man give the guy a break! Seriously it doesn't look too bad, obviously not as sexy as a white backplate, but for less than 5 dollars you can't go wrong! :D

15. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

I dont think he's blind dude, you're the owner of the one ugly iP4 in the world, take that hideous thing off an do it right, dont glue it down with whatever you used, thats ust dumb

16. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

I don't think a bumper (or any case) will fit with that on.

17. xraytech macrumors 68020

Not worth the effort, even for $4.50 if your going to get flash wash out.

18. mytran80 thread starter macrumors regular

Um no , not good alternatives , none of those resembles the white i4 back glass , failed . Lol a decent attempt to save me big bucks ,and at least give others some idea of there own fun projects . No $100 ? Cheap man!

But ok at the end of the day it's my phone I will take note of your initial comment ,but take mine too

Why buy an iluv " apple bumper wannabe" bumper style cheap flimsy case ? Do it right man buy the real stuff:rolleyes:

Hhmm worth the effort for me and I had fun , um yeah the flash issues is a bit of a problem , but do you know how many people out there that have cases with flash issues and ultimately don't really care about that issue and kept the case? Alot! 4.50 glass with flash issue vs 30.00 case with flash issue :D

Ok then I will let you know when I get my bumper , but I did try on a bumper before and I thing it does have some room to snug the thin glass in might be tight but I'm confident:D

19. SophiaLee macrumors 6502a

SophiaLee

20. mytran80 thread starter macrumors regular

Deformity? I'm using it as an add on accessory , how is it deformed? Learn English mate;)

21. xraytech macrumors 68020

Also good luck trying to find a case that will fit. If it works for you, it works for.

22. mytran80 thread starter macrumors regular

Thankyou miss that's exactly what I need , no worries I'll get it all cleaned up this weekend , Spending too much time on my iPhone lol:eek:

23. mytran80 thread starter macrumors regular

Lol does that freak you out? Idk man where the nail grows out from the skin it kinda shed or something doesn't happen too often , I swim twice a week ,maybe that contribute to the problem , we all have flaws :( let's all concentrate on the phone ,and not me please lol

24. mytran80 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks brother , some people just don't appreciate , they just hate hate hate, keep it to yourself if u dislike it ,flaming on peoples thread like immature critics. But all in all I'm open to helpful tips good suggestion and advices :)

25. mytran80 thread starter macrumors regular

I wasn't talking to you dude! if that dude in your avatar really represents you then someone must be one fugly dude or the fugliest person in the world not you I'm just saying......., take that hideous thing off and change it ,but I'm not judging :D

Sorry if you don't like my glue method , it's my project ,I'm sure you think everything is dumb if you dislike it but we all don't live in your professionals only world