white balance?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by fleeper, Nov 12, 2010.

1. fleeper macrumors 6502

Is there a good way to correct the white balance on pics with the IP4? In certain indoor lighting, my pictures come out very yellow.

This is prevalent if it an environment like a restaurant with low lighting. If I am taking a pic at the table and ahve the flash to auto, I would hope that it would flash and take care of this automatically but that is not happening.

Any tips?

2. Givmeabrek, Nov 12, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2010

Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

First, turn the flash on in any low light situation. Or just leave it on all the time like many pros do. Helps with shadows and white balance. After the shot use a program like Photogene or other to correct the white balance if needed. Works very well. Don't expect perfection straight out of a point and shoot camera. :cool:

3. globalist macrumors 6502a

It's not expecting perfection. 3G/3GS don't have the "yellow" white balance issue, and they don't even have flash.

Also to clarify, this happens only in photos shot in environments with compact fluorescent lightning (CFL, the new flashbulbs to save the world, lol).

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

The iPhone's white balance goes all haywire when the flash is on. It really sucks.

But anyway, you can correct photos with the free Photoshop or the paid Photogene.

I prefer Photogene, but they'll both get the job done.