iPad White bezels with Dark Mode

RudySnow

Suspended
Aug 27, 2016
Tyler, TX
OK—have to admit—a longtime fan of iPad white bezels, and the new iOS 13 Dark Mode just doesn’t look as good as with black bezels. :(

Damn—compelling enough for me to upgrade from my gold 12.9? Not sure...

Damn Apple! LOL

noboranka

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2019
I’ve always done silver/white for my iOS devices when available - it gives them some aesthetic charm as being Apple devices going back to the iPod days, plus dark grey/black seems to be the default for almost every other device on the market.

But now that iOS devices seem to be moving towards minimalist bezels and OLED screens, the bezels that remain are understandably black to better blend into the screen. I imagine white bezels aren’t going to be around for the long haul.

I’ll probably try dark mode nonetheless when I install iOS 13.

vijayvasa

macrumors member
May 28, 2010
OK—have to admit—a longtime fan of iPad white bezels, and the new iOS 13 Dark Mode just doesn’t look as good as with black bezels. :(

Damn—compelling enough for me to upgrade from my gold 12.9? Not sure...

Damn Apple! LOL
Can you post a pciture of dark mode screen on white ipad mini 5 please ?

Last edited:

John Yester

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2015
He is talking about hardware color and the screen color. Screen shot would only show you the software side of things.

muzzy996

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2018
I wouldn't have thought this would be an issue for those who like white bezels. Always just assumed that they liked the light colored interface to the point that if given the option to enable dark mode they'd just opt out.