White/Blank Page When Web Browsing on an Iphone 6+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vmaniqui, Nov 24, 2014.

1. vmaniqui macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

hi all,
    i inquired about this on another thread but thought i could just start another thread as i wanted to find out if this is an isolated case or an on going issue with iPhone 6+.

basically, i have an Iphone 6+, 16GB on an ATT service with IOS 8.1.1. my problem is if i am on a web page and if i go to the previous page, i will get a white blank page. not until i tap my screen ever so lightly, then i will see the page or the page will refresh. sometimes when i am on a page it will just turn into blank page (white page) for no apparent reason. then when i tap the screen it will refresh again. this is the second unit that i got with the same issue. i wanted to ask the members if this is a SW or HW issue or am i the only one experiencing it. i like the 6+ better but if i am getting this same kind of issue, i might as well just grab a 6 and wait for the next 6+ version hoping that it will come with a bigger RAM and better web UI. thanks.

2. Learylvr. macrumors regular

Learylvr.

I have never had an issue such as this on my 6+. Did you set you phone up as new? Or do a restore ? I ask because you've had this issue on another 6+. It could be a corrupted file somewhere on your restore. If you haven't tried a new set up ... That would be the first thing I'd try before returning 6+.

3. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

4. vmaniqui thread starter macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

i did a restore from icloud. BTW, i have had another 6+ that was set up from an icloud and never had this issue. i will try to do a New Set up and hopefully it solves my issue. anything else i could try to make it better ? thanks a lot @Learylvr.

5. cababah macrumors 68000

I've seen this from time to time on my iPhone 6 Plus. It's rare, but happens once in a while.

6. Learylvr. macrumors regular

Learylvr.

I had a similar problem with my first 5s, when I set it up as a restore. I tried everything but setting up as new. I didn't want to lose game data from a silly app. It was a virtual pet .. Lol. It took weeks to get to the point in the game where I had everything. Lol. Went to Apple, they said they wanted to set it up as new except contacts. We set it up as new in Apple Store, it worked. 5s was faster and all and all so much better. Apple figured I had corrupt data in back ups. I had been restoring from back ups since the 4 I think. Lol.. I decided that virtual pet game was not worth the effort of starting over as well. Lol I'd did love it ... RIP Hatch... Cute app. Set up as new and see if issue goes away. I'm betting it might.