White/Blank screen with sound on iTunes video downloads

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Melan, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Melan macrumors regular

Hi all, I'm having a rather annoying problem playing videos on itunes. Instead of the video, I'm getting a white screen with sound. In full screen mode, I'm getting a blank screen, also with sound but no controls pop up when I move the mouse around. I'm getting this with episodes of Lost I downloaded from the itunes store (as well as previews on the itunes store), as well as the "Jake and Amir" podcast. Curiously, if I open the Jake and Amir podcast in VLC it runs fine, but if I try the Lost episodes in VLC they come out without sound OR video. The Onion podcast, on the other hand, works just fine in itunes. This problem, I think, only goes back to when I got the latest version of Itunes.

Does anyone have any ideas? This problem has confused me very much, and has shaken my unquestioning trust in VLC to play stuff. Any help would be muchly appreciated!

Thanks..

2. Melan thread starter macrumors regular

Forgot to mention, the films seem to work fine in Quicktime, but not in itunes (which runs quicktime, right?)

It's odd, I can't find anything else about this on the internet. Could it have something to do with account authorizations?