White circle around curser sometimes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Michaelgtrusa, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

Hello members,

Sometimes I see a white circle around my curser. Today I was dragging some flash cookies to the trash when it showed, also when I downloaded an app called, Tweet tube, I tried dragging the app to the apps folder, it wouldn't let me so I dragged the app to the desk top then to the apps folder. This has happened twice in iphoto, when I tried to drag a photo too the desktop their was this white circle around my curser and I couldn't drop the photo on the desktop until I restarted. Can someone please help answer this one?

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Was it a white circle with a slash through it? Like a no smoking sign, but in white. It's a permission/action denied icon.

3. Michaelgtrusa thread starter macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

4. MWPULSE macrumors 6502a

MWPULSE

Most commonly the issue is solved by right clicking>get info (or cmd i) on the icon/file/folder that your trying to copy to. And then checking that you are allowed to access that file/folder. At the bottom of the get info window theres a sharing and permissions section, if your not in the mini-list you can add yourself.

Use with care, especially in important places (library, or system>library) as i have screwed up my computer by modifying the permissions of system folders and forgetting to reset them back, thus screwing up my computer, making it unreadable to well the system lol :)

Hope thats clear enough, not very well explained lol :s

PTP

5. Michaelgtrusa thread starter macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

Thank you.