White cloudy line on MBP screen w/picture

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bridgesldn, Oct 24, 2011.

1. bridgesldn, Oct 24, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2011

bridgesldn macrumors newbie

Hello guys,

Recently I have noticed a milky/cloudy white line inside of my macbook pro 13inch 2011 screen. I can only see it when I have a dark background. It is most certainly a defect and can be quite distracting. I am pissed off because when i first got my macbook pro I had to take it back due to a few dead pixels in the middle of the screen, and now this one has a defect. I have a cleaning kit and it doesn't help. The laptop has been kept on a desk and is in perfect condition never really been moved about. What do you suggest the problem may be? I will take it to the Apple store tomorrow and hopefully they will help me. Obviously the laptop is still in the one year warranty.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bridgesldn/6278243360/ <that is the picture of it

2. MVRL macrumors regular

MVRL

3. debbielynnew27 macrumors newbie

Mine has the same thing! I'm glad i'm not the only one. Did you discover what it is? And how was it repaired?

4. bridgesldn thread starter macrumors newbie

Im taking it to my local apple store today, it's my second one and I'm quite pissed off lol, hopefully they show mercy and give me another one, I can't really afford to be without a machine

5. debbielynnew27 macrumors newbie

I'm taking mine in as well today. Will post when I get home on what they said. I've done some research and all I found was a dead pixel problem, but I doubt that's what our issue is. The dead pixel looks like finger prints and yours looks like "jizz" and mine has the same "jizz" look to it, but not as big.

6. Detrius macrumors 68000

7. bridgesldn thread starter macrumors newbie

went to the genius appointment, he said my screen had a defect and has ordered a new one in. Obviously apple care has covered it. Once again apple service shines, was there for about 5minutes!

8. SethRH macrumors newbie

Macbook Pro Pressure Marks

I have a mid 2010 Macbook Pro 13 inch and noticed pressure marks on my screen. I brought it to the nearest apple store and they told me it was my fault because there is a very slight scratch on the front near the apple logo. So he told me that if I wanted it fixed I would have to purchase a new lcd and have it replaced for 400 dollars... If anyone on this thread could help with getting it replaced please let me know. The warranty is valid until july 2013.

9. techfest macrumors member

pic dont work

pressure mark? like from pressing on the screen?