White Desmay Slight case on White iPhone (PICS)

jgleit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 7, 2012
I just received my white Desmay Slight for my phone. Overall I have to say that I really like the case! It offers protection around the side and back while retaining the sleek form factor of the iPhone. A few things to note: all buttons are easily accessible, though it would be nicer if the cutouts for the volume and side switch would be more precise (this is to accommodate the iPhone 4 as well), the Desmay logo on the back has already rubbed off, and the color of the case is a slightly cooler white (in color temperature) compared to the white of the iPhone, but its not really a big deal.

Here are some pictures of the case on the phone:

clumsythief83

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2010
Looks much better than the "clear" one that I have on my white iPhone, which looks much more grey/brown.

Can you take a picture of the back of the iPhone?

jgleit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 7, 2012
here is the picture of the back:

yeah, I do wish the cutouts would fit the buttons better, and I'd imagine it would look more "centered" on a 4 vs a 4s, but it doesn't bug me too much any more

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey
here is the picture of the back:

yeah, I do wish the cutouts would fit the buttons better, and I'd imagine it would look more "centered" on a 4 vs a 4s, but it doesn't bug me too much any more
It doesn't bother me at all. If someone notices I want to know why they're looking at my phone so close :D

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
The openings for the mute and volume buttons looks horrible. They could have done a better job than that.

kidnz

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2008
Just a quick question about his Desmay Case, does it scratches antenna band?

TheiPhoneChick

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2011
That's what I was thinking. I have a Switcheasy Nude that is the same style case and the cut outs are really nice and they fit the 4 and 4S nicely. This look looks almost like it was stretched or something. Not cute at all!

The openings for the mute and volume buttons looks horrible. They could have done a better job than that.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
For something that is suppose to be pecision cut I have 2 issues:

1. The button cuts are all to high. Its SO obvious I dont know how they could have missed it.

2. The case does not fit aound the 4S fully. I can squeeze the left side and get a click.

I reported it to them, but I am sure the mold wont be changed as its the same one for all the colors. Disappointing but I still use the case.

Anyone have a suggestion on this type of case with better hole alignment. The Pinlo Slice 3 is better but leaves the entire bottom exposed.

Last edited:

Bear807

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2011
I have a clear version of this case. Not the dark 1 like desmay I shall share it here some time later

see212

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2012
I just received my white Desmay Slight for my phone. Overall I have to say that I really like the case! It offers protection around the side and back while retaining the sleek form factor of the iPhone. A few things to note: all buttons are easily accessible, though it would be nicer if the cutouts for the volume and side switch would be more precise (this is to accommodate the iPhone 4 as well), the Desmay logo on the back has already rubbed off, and the color of the case is a slightly cooler white (in color temperature) compared to the white of the iPhone, but its not really a big deal.

Here are some pictures of the case on the phone:

I am also thinking of getting the white desmay....does anyone know if the white will discolour over time? and is it washable if it gets dirty?

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
I am also thinking of getting the white desmay....does anyone know if the white will discolour over time? and is it washable if it gets dirty?
You certainly can rinse it off. The only reasons I can see for discoloring are UV exposure or heat.

swiftbmx

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2009
I have the knockoff version if this case that i got for $5 from eBay. Its and looks the same as this case. Kinda glad I didn't pay $30 for it. Btw getting a shield for the back and sides is the equivalent of getting this case. Since theres no issues with the band, why bother?

clumsythief83

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2010
I have the knockoff version if this case that i got for $5 from eBay. Its and looks the same as this case. Kinda glad I didn't pay $30 for it. Btw getting a shield for the back and sides is the equivalent of getting this case. Since theres no issues with the band, why bother?
Can you tell me where you got it? Would like one also.

white4s

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
yea seriously i wouldnt want a case thats built to fit the 4 and 4s for that reason. looks sloppy, even worse around the mute button wow

swiftbmx

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2009

clumsythief83

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2010

swiftbmx

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2009
Thanks a lot. It does look like the volume buttons are hard to access tho.
Don't worry, the case I received is not the one in the picture which is why I suggested to put in "4S" into the search which means it'd be the newer version. The case I received is absolutely identical as the OP's just that I went with frosted black.