White dock connector/headphone jack

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Defender2010, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Anyone else reckon Apple will change the dock connector and headphone jack on the white iPad to white this time? Have there been any leaks of parts? Would be nice to have them white, like iPhone 4/4S, instead of the black ones currently used.....any thoughts?

2. ty7u5 macrumors member

This is probably the number one reason that I could not bring myself to purchase an iPad 2 in white, I just can not stand the fact that somehow they can put white dock and headphone inserts in the iPhone, but yet somehow they can't do it for the white iPod touch and iPad.

3. JUiCEJamie macrumors 6502a

JUiCEJamie

I've got a white iPad. Do you mean the inside of the dock connector?
    Is it really that big of a problem? - I hadn't noticed it, because I look at the screen.

4. Defender2010 thread starter macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Yes, I mean inside the headphone jack and dock connector. Would be nice to see the uniformity the iPhone gets with regards this...

5. maclook macrumors 65816

Right now it matches because the buttons, Apple logo, and text are all black on the white iPad. I think it's a package so if Apple changes one thing to white, everything else has to be changed to white.

I do hope they considered that when designing the iPad 3.

6. VinceDae macrumors regular

And the apple logo on the back, the little "iPad" writing, the 3G panel and the volume and other buttons should be white or atleast make the buttons aluminium... :)

7. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

I want the Apple logo to light up like a MacBook.

8. VinceDae macrumors regular

Thats why you are my friend :p <3 haha :apple:

9. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

Ever turn on the flash on an iPhone and press it against the bezel of a white iPad? :)

10. Defender2010 thread starter macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Why would you want it light up? It's not as if you leave it lying around face down...or is it so someone else in your company can go, "Look you got mail, the apple is flashing!!" I really don't see the point in it...at least with a Macbook the apple logo is naturally visible when closed. Apart from it looking pretty when screen side down...

11. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

You can't see the logo on a MacBook when you're using it either, but it's there and it lights up.