Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Keep or Return/Refund?

• Keep

• Return/Refund

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pilot Jones

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 2, 2020
I just bought a used iPhone from eBay and there's a white dot on the screen.

The peculiar thing is that the dot is only visible in Light Mode and damn near invisible in Dark Mode. When the screen is totally black, it's completely gone. It seems like it should be the opposite.

I only use Dark Mode, so as long as this is a static issue, I can live with it, but does anyone have any clue as to what might be causing this? Should I return and ask for a refund? My main concern is that this shouldn't be something that gets worse over time.

I've attached a video and some pictures below. Any advice would be much appreciated!

2.jpeg

1.jpeg

3.jpeg
4.jpeg

Frankras

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
Return it, If you’r planning to resell it later on.

If you can live with the spot, then keep it.

Personally I would sent it back on the spot.

Torty

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2013
It bothers you otherwise you would not write here. So return it. Once seen it's not possible to unsee again.

Reactions: Spudlicious

Spudlicious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2015
Bedfordshire, England
If the seller didn't mention the dot, which they will have seen, then the item wasn't properly described. Return, it will bug you incessantly if you don't and buyer's remorse will be bitter. Also, everyone you show the phone to will see it and think you a prize chump for buying it.

• Love
Reactions: Fred Zed
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.