White Dots On Macbook Pro Screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Geffen, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Geffen macrumors 6502

I recently purchased a used Macbook Pro 2.33 im noticing a few white dots in the upper part of the screen up in the same area where the wifi and battery indicator sits one white dot is in the center and the other is right behind the letter V in the word view on the top, i dont see any other white dots on the screen, im very new to Macs is this part of the Leopard background??

2. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

They are most likely stars from your desktop background shining through the transparent menu bar.

3. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

Go to the Apple:)apple:) in the upper left corner of the screen. Go to system preferences, then to Desktop & Screensavor icon. Click on the Desktop tab and de-check the "Translucent Menu Bar" option. Are the white spots still there? I've actually never noticed them when I had that stock Leopard background.

4. Geffen thread starter macrumors 6502

When i unchecked the translucent menu bar the white spots disappeared, so they must be from the Leopard background.

5. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

Yeah I actually miss that desktop picture and put it back up but I don't see the white spots you are talking about :confused: LOL. Then again my screen is 1280x1024 so it is different then yours most likely.

6. Geffen thread starter macrumors 6502

LOL there must be different Leopard backgrounds? im glad i didnt have a display issue.