white i-pod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Santo20, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Santo20 macrumors newbie

Is there any major differences between the black and white -pod touch?if so what is it ? please let me know,if 8gb i-pod touch would be a better choice for someone who doesn't have a huge music library?

2. BreadedVirus macrumors member

Wirelessly posted

Only difference between the two is..the colour.

8GB is good for someone with a small music library. I have Pandora, TuneIn Radio and iRadioUK, so it's perfect for me.

3. rdy0329 macrumors 6502

Only color

The only difference is color. If you are in constant wifi hotspot and has music subscription service like Rdio, Pandora or even spotify, and plan to browse the web, store pdf files for reading, the 8GB unit would suffice. If you are a gamer or just likes gaming apps, 8gb won't cut it esp for games like Infinity Blade and the like.

4. thegreati macrumors regular

5. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

This is like beating a dead horse . . . after it's been dead for about a month.

6. Rogerjames123 macrumors newbie

There is only the difference of color of the phone nothing else.I think white is best from both.

Tulsa SEO

7. Benson11 macrumors regular

Benson11

Only color makes the differences between both of them..

8. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

The only guaranteed difference is color. However, there have been some say that the white one has a better screen.

8GB will likely be fine.

9. Bear macrumors G3

As others have said, the only difference is the color. As for 8GB being enough, do you know what Apps if any you plan to use? Do you plan on using it for taking photos? And how big is "not huge" for your music library?

I think 8GB might be cutting it tight depending on what you plan to use the iPod Touch for.

10. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

Black iPod has a better screen. Light still leaks in in the white one, you have been warned

11. elliwhi macrumors member

elliwhi

The difference is that if you buy the white one, you can set it up using wifi and you don't have to plug it into iTunes. Also the white one comes with iOS 5 already installed.

12. Bear macrumors G3

A new stock black iPod Touch will also set up this way. If I got a black iPod Touch today that didn't have iOS 5 on it, I'd wonder how old it really was.

13. flashyman macrumors member

14. elliwhi macrumors member

elliwhi

Do they? Oh, I thought the white one was unique in wifi set up :p