White icon?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Elementkng20, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Elementkng20 macrumors member

Tried to customize some icons for my apps and when I respring I get a white app icon? Ideas?

Apps are at 57x57 and are saved as PNG

2. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

I had this issue before as well and noticed that apps have multiple icons in the file system. If i remove them all and replace it with the one I made it works fine. Just don't forget to back them up if you want to revert or just wait for another update from the app.

3. Elementkng20 thread starter macrumors member

so your saying that there are multiple icons for the same app located in the directory of the phone? not just in the apps library?

4. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

Sorry, I'm assuming you're ssh'ing into your phone? If so, then when you see the png icon file, you might also find a few more that say something like icon_ipad, icon_48x48(whatever resolutions they have). I had remove each of the png files before i could get my custom icon to actually take affect on my phone.

5. Elementkng20 thread starter macrumors member

I'm using iFunbox to change the icons. Should I be using something else? I've located the original icon, deleted it, and copied the new one. After I resprung I get the white icon.

6. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

Never used that program. Just use cyberduck to get into the file system. I don't know a workaround for you issue. Sorry i can't be of anymore help. Hope you get it fixed.