White icons after installing apps from Cydia

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bakasam, Aug 24, 2010.

1. bakasam macrumors member

Recently JBed my phone and started installing some apps

Anyone else getting this after installing apps from either cydia/installous etc

[​IMG]

The picture isn't mine but i have the exact same icons. They only appear after I've installed an app from cydia/installous (not always too) and they disappear once I reboot the phone.

Its not too big of an issue I can always reboot my phone if the icon appears. But is there a way to get rid of them completly? I've heard you can disable it in Sbsettings or something but I haven't been able to find it

2. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Respring. Mine did that a few hours ago and a respring fixed it. (they're suppose to be hidden)

3. Vinnie Madrox macrumors 6502

Vinnie Madrox

Mine has been doing that A LOT latley. Its also un-hiding all my apps i hide with SBSettings (stocks, nike+ipod, etc). I tried moving them into their own folder and moving the folder to a seperate page, then respring hoping next time they reappear IN the folder.....that didnt help.....I wish there would be an update for SBSettings to fix this issue

4. hatersgonnahate macrumors 6502a

5. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Yeah that is a bug on mobile substrate, it happen every time that you install or update using the AppStore.app , When Apple insert that "loading" application into springboard, it brings back all hidden apps.

The work around so far that works the best, it to "unhide" all those app and place on a folder as "Vinnie" said, then they will come back on that folder as long as they are unhidden.

Bug have been reported already.

respiring will do it