Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bakasam

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2010
Recently JBed my phone and started installing some apps

Anyone else getting this after installing apps from either cydia/installous etc

4819000387_ea8bd47081_o.jpg

The picture isn't mine but i have the exact same icons. They only appear after I've installed an app from cydia/installous (not always too) and they disappear once I reboot the phone.

Its not too big of an issue I can always reboot my phone if the icon appears. But is there a way to get rid of them completly? I've heard you can disable it in Sbsettings or something but I haven't been able to find it

Vinnie Madrox

macrumors 6502
Dec 23, 2009
HowELL, NJ
Mine has been doing that A LOT latley. Its also un-hiding all my apps i hide with SBSettings (stocks, nike+ipod, etc). I tried moving them into their own folder and moving the folder to a seperate page, then respring hoping next time they reappear IN the folder.....that didnt help.....I wish there would be an update for SBSettings to fix this issue

hatersgonnahate

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2010
Recently JBed my phone and started installing some apps

Anyone else getting this after installing apps from either cydia/installous etc

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4077/4819000387_ea8bd47081_o.jpg[/MG]

The picture isn't mine but i have the exact same icons. They only appear after I've installed an app from cydia/installous (not always too) and they disappear once I reboot the phone.

Its not too big of an issue I can always reboot my phone if the icon appears. But is there a way to get rid of them completly? I've heard you can disable it in Sbsettings or something but I haven't been able to find it[/QUOTE]

just reboot and youll be fine.

crsx holla

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Yeah that is a bug on mobile substrate, it happen every time that you install or update using the AppStore.app , When Apple insert that "loading" application into springboard, it brings back all hidden apps.

The work around so far that works the best, it to "unhide" all those app and place on a folder as "Vinnie" said, then they will come back on that folder as long as they are unhidden.

Bug have been reported already.

just reboot and youll be fine.

crsx holla

respiring will do it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.