white icons on ios 5, ipod touch 4g

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by arctyler, Oct 29, 2011.

1. arctyler macrumors regular

i downloaded semitether and i rebooted my device to see if it would actually work, and it did, so i slid to unlock and about 90% of my icons are white, i clicked it, and they wouldnt open, so i put it in dfu mode, then booted tethered with redsn0w, and the apps opened but they are still white, any ideas?

2. arctyler thread starter macrumors regular

3. arctyler thread starter macrumors regular

4. BlizzardBolt macrumors 6502

Most people ignored it because of ipod touch in the name.
    Next time just put iPhone4 in title instead of ipod and I guarantee there will be more responses.

As for your problem, you should just restore to stock OS and wait for iOS 5 untethered JB. Semitethered JB has been known not to work with certain apps and you may have the apps that it would not be compatible with.

5. logaritm macrumors newbie

ipod touch blank white icons

press and hold both the power button and the home button until you see the apple simple and then release the power button, but keep holding the home button until something signifisant happens...

follow onscreen instructions

6. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

White icons is just a side effect of this jailbreak. This happens on stock apps and jb apps. Resprings or foldering things can fix it, but it comes back. Part of the game...