White Imac for business workstation??

Discussion in 'iMac' started by mocman, Dec 19, 2008.

1. mocman macrumors regular

I have an iMac 24" that is a few years old in white. I own a business and need to know if there is any way to hook up as a workstation. I want it at my desk but want 2 other stations to work off it as well. I have 2 other monitors and keyboards etc. I need it wireless or wired if anything is available please point me in the direction. Thanks

2. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

You can use multiple terminal users on the iMac, but the remotes still have to be a computer to run vnc and connect to the iMac vnc host with fast user switching. It wouldn't be more efficient or lest costly than running a bunch of mac minis imo.

3. mocman thread starter macrumors regular

so in that case would a mac mini run 2 stations and sync wireless to the Imac?

4. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

A mac mini can't drive two displays. Again, you'd need additional computers for vlc and its probably not cost effective.

5. mocman thread starter macrumors regular

mac mini with a kvm switch?? all I am running is quickbooks pro. If so I can network a pc to 2 stations but do not know if it will communicate to the Imac.

6. millerj123 macrumors 6502a

KVM allows two computers to share the same Keyboard, Video and Mouse. One at a time.

What it sounds like you are trying to do probably won't work.

You can network multiple computers together, but the software isn't designed to have multiple clients as far as I know.