White iMac like Monitor

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by SuperAcer79, Jun 15, 2010.

1. SuperAcer79 macrumors member

I have a 24" white iMac and am very happy with its matte LCD screen. I want to buy a new Mac Mini and purchase an external 17" or 20" that is either identical or very similar to the screen of the white iMacs. I don't like glossy or LED screens. I don't need anything fancy, just a monitor that won't cause eyestrain and have a lot of reflections. I would appreciate any product suggestions. Thanks.

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

You might look at a used Apple 20" cinema display. Although it would be easier to assist you if we knew what your budget is.

3. SuperAcer79 thread starter macrumors member

Under $400 and is Mac friendly. Are monitors items that are best purchased new vs used?

4. brucem91 macrumors 6502

Most, if not all monitors are "Mac Friendly". I personally have a 17" Dell Monitor I use with my MacBook Pro. All you need are the proper connectors. Most monitors use either VGA or DVI, some might use HDMI, I am not sure. The new Mac Mini has mini-display port out, and hdmi out. So if you get a monitor that has VGA and DVI input(most do), all you need is a vga cable with male connectors on each end, and a mini-display port to vga(female) adapter.

5. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

If it is in nice condition I'd have no problem buying it used.

6. SuperAcer79 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the info. Is there by chance an LCD monitor that allows you to rotate it and bring the screen towards you like the "basketball base" iMac's monitor?

7. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

No monitor does exactly that, but you can use a mounting arm to achieve the same effect.