White iMac - weird display problem

Discussion in 'iMac' started by queshy, Dec 19, 2007.

1. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

Hi,

My 24" white iMac is all of a sudden suffering from burn in. There were 3 files on my desktop, now I deleted them and you can see where they were in the screen. I tried everything! Reset the pRAM, SMC, put on a white screensaver, etc, all with no success. It just happened "all of a sudden". Coincidently I was about to do a clean install of Leopard, and I think I noticed it as I was about to install Leopard (i cancelled the installation). The iMac is still under the one year warranty...what should I do? Thanks!

2. queshy thread starter macrumors 68040

queshy

Hmm don't they only have 90 days of free tech support? This machine is almost a year old..I don't want them to charge me for telling me my screen is messed up.

The iMac is turned off now..maybe if i leave it off for a bit the pixels we fix themselves...

3. Zedsdead185 macrumors 6502

4. queshy thread starter macrumors 68040

queshy

Argg I just tried turning it on again...same problem...I guess I'll jsut leave it off til this afternoon then I'll call Apple...:mad::mad::mad::mad:

5. minutePulsation macrumors member

minutePulsation

Definitely call... there's no way an LCD should have burn in after only one year.

6. queshy thread starter macrumors 68040

queshy

I called, they told me to do the exact same thing as on the apple website: put on a white screensaver and wait...and I did that already...nothing happened. It's still there. Apple just told me to bring it in for service...great.