White Incase Slider, Causing Huge Scratches, Anger

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by help!!!!!, Nov 29, 2008.

1. help!!!!! macrumors member

Hey Guys,
    I am thinking of going into the Apple store to complain about my purchase of the white Incase slider a few months back. It is making huge scratches on the back of the phone, so deep the scratches went through the polish and into the rough plastic. When I put the phone into the slider, I can feel the dust scratching the back and immediately take it out. The case is also not as snug as it always was, it comes off in my pocket. Do you think I should get a refund on the case and possibly a refurbished phone? (There is a ton of dust under the glass!) Thx

-Jonah

2. The General macrumors 601

3. help!!!!! thread starter macrumors member

I clean it beyond needed.

4. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

I think you could get a refund on the case but not a refurbished phone.

Next time before putting a case on your phone, make sure to do a "touch test". Run your fingers along the case's interiors just to make sure there are no sharp corners or edges along it.

5. Smacky macrumors 6502

Damage caused by a third party product, i'd say ur SOL
    This issue has been widely reported with the case unfotunately
    Glad I decided not to buy one

6. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

The Agent 18 Eco Case did this to my 1st gen iPhone which is why I stayed away from a hard case this time around. I also find the silicone cases to be a pain having to clean them every few days to remove dust so I just use a suede sleeve that I purchased for $9.99 from Waterfield Designs (http://www.sfbags.com/products/iphonesuedejacket/iphonesuedejacket.htm).

If you don't mention the case causing your problems, and you mention you have a light leak and some dust under your screen, you should be able to get a refurbished phone with no questions asked. I can't guarantee this will work but each time I have exchanged my iPhone they ask me if I have used any type of case which can be causing the problem and then I simply state my problem and they give me a new phone.

7. cmooreou macrumors member

an incase slider did similar damage to my old first gen iPhone