Price Advice White IPad 2 32GB WIFI

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by makris0000, Sep 24, 2012.

1. makris0000 macrumors member

I need some advice on how much I should sell my White IPad 2 32 GB WIFI. It is in mint condition and has no scratches what-so-ever. I would sell it with a $40 Brookstone case and and a $20 stylus. It has been in my case since I first bought it and I have never dropped it.

***I AM NOT TRYING TO SELL IT ON MACRUMORS I JUST SEEK PRICING ADVICE***

Also should I offer 2 different prices if they want it Jailbroken or not? Is that a good selling point?

Thank you in advance.

2. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

Take a look at the :apple: refurb page for your country/area and price it $50 less than that and see if you get any bites?

Apple's refurbs come with full "new" warranty so its hard to get much closer to new than that, good luck!

3. RedCroissant Suspended

How long have you owned it? Do you have the original box and packaging as well? If you at least have the original packaging and accessories, then you could reasonably get $350.

I sold mine(same model and probably the same condition) about 1 month ago for $450, but I was also selling the dock, camera connection kit, smart cover, and the digital AV adapter. Everything was also packaged in its original box and had all original manuals/accessories, etc. And I am saying this because it was tough to get $450.

4. Vantage Point macrumors 65816

As mentioned check the refurb price which I think is about $379 for the same model. As, does your have any time left on Apple Care warranty (which is transferrable). It is easier to sell something is there is some warranty time left so if there is a problem then can have it fixed for free. Refurbs include a 1 year warranty making them a great buy - which is why I picked up one a few months ago, iPad2 16gb wifi for only $319 - that included a new battery, shell and the warranty.

Good luck!

5. makris0000 thread starter macrumors member

I had it for about a year or so. I don't think I have the original box and I don't have warranty on it. I'll try the apple refurbished page and see what that says.

6. Vantage Point macrumors 65816

Apple currently does not have that model in stock on their refurb page but I am about 90% sure it was going for $379 plus tax. Remember, apple dropped the price of a new iPad2 (16gb) to only $399.

So sadly, you're going to take a hit - perhaps asking $350 with the extras you mention might be a good start but expect to have counter offers as low as $300.

7. makris0000 thread starter macrumors member

I was thinking of selling it for about $475 because other people are putting it on craigslist for about that and they have been selling. I also checked the apple refurbished store and they did not have it. Also I think the 32GB iPad's are a little less common then the 16GB and the 64GB. I haven't been able to see as many iPad 2 32GB WIFI on craigslist/ebay/etc as 16GB and 64GB iPads

8. Vantage Point macrumors 65816

Good luck with that. I suspect those craigs list posts are just the asking price, not the selling price. Tracking ebay sales is a great way to see what the market is bearing at any given time. Just be realistic with your expectations since apple sells that model for about $379 with a warranty and new battery - of many buyers will not know that.

In any case, good luck!

9. makris0000 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks.