White iPad 2 - does it get dirty easily ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by CHSeifert, Jul 19, 2011.

1. CHSeifert, Jul 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2011

CHSeifert macrumors 6502

CHSeifert

Hey :)

I'm fortunate enough to be offered an extra iPad 2 32 GB 3G and will sell my old iPad I (which I used as Sonos Music stream remote only) to finance a Tan brown Libretto cover from Vaja cases Argentina.

I've always had black iPhones and iPads but think I'm going White with the next iPhone and now iPad 2 - will look great together with a tan brown Vaja leather case, I think :D

But will the white bezel and home button tend to collect more dust and dirt than you see on the black version ?

What's your experience ?

I'm pretty OCD so wash hands 15-20 times a day and cleans the screen on my black iPad and iPhone every day.
    Will the White version be too prone to dust & dirt collecting :p

2. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

I've had my white iPad 2 since introduction....I'm not as OCD as you but I make sure I don't have grease and grime all over my fingers when I use it....it still looks fine. By day (when not in use) I keep it in a stand on my desk, so it spends time vertical, not laying flat, so maybe that keeps some dust from settling on it too.

3. BergerFan, Jul 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2011

BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

You see more dust and fingerprints on the black bezel, than you ever see on the White - fact. I've owned a White iPad 2 since April, and we have black, work-issued iPad 2's.
    Watch this video to see for yourself.

4. AppleDApp macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

Also avoid the pale colored smart covers they get dirty really quick. Don't use leather cleaner on the leather cover it just worsen's everything.

5. CHSeifert, Jul 19, 2011

CHSeifert thread starter macrumors 6502

CHSeifert

I will only use the dark tan colored Vaja Libretto case for it. It's beautiful. My GF will envy me :)

6. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

You won't see any dirt or dust on the white iPad unless for some reason you stick the thing in a pile of dirt/dust. And if you're very concerned about that, get a screen protector and that'll provide a little extra protection

7. iSingandiDance macrumors 6502a

iSingandiDance

Not necessarily dirty but it hides scratches extremely well.

Not until yesterday when I was reading with my head down did I notice the numerous scratches near the bezel. As opposed to the iPad 1, the scratches on the white iPad are pretty inconspicuous.

This can be a good thing or a bad thing.

8. xraytech, Jul 19, 2011

xraytech macrumors 68030

I've read that the white gasket surrounding the glass does yellow over time.