White ipad, black iphone?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Appler8, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Appler8 macrumors member

So do any of you have the iphone and ipad combination but one is black and the other is white or visa versa? I've got a black iphone but idk if it would be weird or stupid to buy the white ipad.

2. Chris Morgan macrumors member

I have a black iPhone 4 and a white iPad 2. After 2 iPod touches and the phone I thought the white would be a nice change. So far I like it.

3. joshuaginter macrumors regular

Not at all. Get what you want. And if you think its weird after buying the white iPad, get the white iPhone 5 when it comes out next summer.

4. SporkLover macrumors 6502

I do. I think this is a silly worry. I rarely care to that degree, what people think about my devices.

5. Angler macrumors regular

I have a white iPad went for the white 4s because i wanted to match. Tried my friends black phone with the white iPad didn't like the combo. Get what you like as its each to their own!

6. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

IMO; I like the combo. The white iPad somehow looks better than the black iPad, but the black iPhone looks better than the white - again, IMO.

My iPhone and iPad are rarely seen together, though. One is always in my pocket or connected to my iMac charging, the other is always around the house somewhere, and a random wall socket is used when it needs charging.

7. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

Exactly. It's not like you'd be using them at the same time for it to be bothersome... unless you have a compulsion, in which case you better settle for 1 color for both.

I have a white iPhone, and am debating between a white or black iPad if I get one. I'm leaning towards black because at least I'd have the option of both around if I get sick of seeing one color.

8. Jimbo47 macrumors 6502a

I have the white 4s but opted to buy a blacK iPad on black friday. For some reason I like the iPhone better in white but I like the iPad better in black.

9. dazcox5181 macrumors 6502

I wanted the white 4s but got the black as it was in stock, think i prefer it now a little more understated.

Went for the White iPad 2 after having a black iPad 1, prefer it now in white!

My justification was I read and surf the net more o i like how pages 'blend' with the white but if movies/video more your thing then maybe black?!?!

10. mhdena macrumors 6502

11. iPcdebb macrumors member

iPcdebb

Both my iPhone and iPad are encased so it's no biggie. My iPad is white only because they didn't have black ones when I bought it :)

12. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

Used to have white iPhone and white iPad 2, now I have both black iPhone 4s and black iPad 2. I must say, after using both, I definitely prefer the black over the white. Only thing I miss from the white iPad/iPhone was how well it would hide smudges on the screen and back.

13. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

The black bezel helps focus on the screen, like on MacBook Pros and iMacs.

The white bezel shows the black border around the screen. It's kind of annoying. If the screen was really edge-to-edge the white would be cool, but it's not.

14. cole01 macrumors 6502

I have a black iPad 2 and a white iPhone 4S in a black case. It matches really well and I haven't noticed any distractions with the white bezel like some posters make it seem. So happy with my decision and am glad it doesn't look identical to my old 4

15. kulimer macrumors 6502

I see that you want them to match? I would like them to be both black.

But do keep in mind, the first gen iPad was only in black, so do you want to be different? that's another question.

16. shortcrust macrumors 6502

Do what you want, buy what you want. As my mother always used to tell me, "no one's going to be looking at you!";)

17. JAllen77 macrumors newbie

My iPad is white and I have a black iPhone. I think they both look great.

18. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

i got a white ipad 2 but a black 4s.
    I bought the black iPhone 4 because it looks a lot more sleek and I know ill regret it in the future if i get the white. I had the white 3GS and got sick of the white colour on a phone.
    Then I got given an ipad by work, which happened to be white, to my dismay, since it didn't match my iphone!
    But then I got the (RED) leather cover and fell in love with it - the red/white combination is amazing. now I don't really like the look of the black ipad as much - it seems cheapened to me with all other other black generic tablets out there.
    And so then when I decided to upgrade to a 4s, I considered getting it in white to match my ipad, but I couldn't bring myself to it. the black just looks a lot better on the iphone.
    iPad looks better in white, iphone in black. So that's what I got.
    Although to be honest I wouldve forgone the white ipad look for a black one (even though it doesnt look as good) just for the sake of it matching with my black glass bezelled macbook pro, and black iphone.