White ipad emergency!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iMike97, Mar 9, 2011.

1. iMike97 macrumors member

Since the iPad was announced, my gut has been telling me white. Is it really going to make the screen appear dimmer? HELPP!:eek:

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Wait until the 11th, go hold both the black and the white in your hands, and decide for yourself. Your impression of whether the face color makes a difference will differ from others'.

3. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

At first glance, it might. Since the border may appear brighter than the screen depending on how bright you have your screen set.

4. MadGoat, Mar 9, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2011

MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

How is this an emergency? I swear, you kids make mountains out of mole hills.

5. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

Go into the Apple store, hold both iPad's - proceed to walk out with the one you like more... lol

Black is going to make you focus in more on the screen and colors will appear more vivid. White will play tricks on you and you'll be starring at the border most of the time amazed that Apple finally released a white iPad. :p

6. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

7. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

I've wondered this myself but the fact is it's a personal decision and no amount of __:eek:__ from a forum will mean more than looking at the two side by side and deciding for yourself.

Now come down off the ledge. It's going to be alright......

8. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

White and off white . . .

Remember the cool-white and warm-white screen discussions? Imagine the effect of adding in a white bezel :rolleyes:

9. meechy macrumors 6502

10. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Alex, what is "screams emanating from the women's restroom?"

It's a color. Freak out unneeded.

11. DeeEss macrumors 6502a

Emergency? See, this is the kind of person who is drawn to a White iPad. I rest my case. White iPad = Woman or Wierdo. No offence to women, they're lovely and not necessarily the same as wierdos.

Yes white is terrible. Not only will it appear dimmer but it is more likely to drain the battery, reduce your storage size and reduce performance by an average 23%. Not to mention the file coruption...

:)

12. meechy macrumors 6502

lol

13. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Hardly an emergency. Buy the white one and if you don't like it return it for the black one.

14. BadMoon macrumors 6502

LOL! White ipad is serious business.

15. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Really, What does white have to do with gender???? If you truly mean no offense, just don't mention it, at all.

16. Tailpike1153 macrumors 6502a

Tailpike1153

How y'all be unsensitive to the homey's feelings? It's like you don't care. "Sniff" Black is everywhere. So it's not really hip. But White. Pow. It's fresh. But you can't wear ie iPad dude after Labor day. Decisions. "Sniff" It's like you tell your ex-gf in Ohio that you're leaving to go to Miami for a new job and get hooked up with a new girl, one that can wear bikinis in December. Everything starts off well and then KABLAMO! You make a few mistakses. Everybody criticizing you at the job. Your new girl hate you as much as your old girl. And all you wanted to do is have some fun?! "Sniff, Sniff" Can't you see that the homey's world is coming to an end. And all you want to do is criticize. MAN o live! Why y'all got to be against me. "whine. Whine, Whine, Cry. Cry. Cry!" I ain't crying. just my allergies.

For non-grownups, please re-read with filter number 12.

OP, buy what you you like. Try both versions on 3/12 and get your favorite. Heck, buy a both. Although many are foaming at the mouths to get it on 3-11, odds are it will be around for at least a year. Barring some addiction to Apple products, i don't think you'll die if you take sometime to think about your purchase. BTW, losing a big presentation an hour before showtime and realizing that you didn't make a backup is an emergency. Buying the "wrong" color iPad just makes you uncool.;)

17. DeeEss macrumors 6502a

Calm down dear. Boys and girls are different. That's OK. Let the winds of heaven dance between our differences and all that.

I love girls, really I do. Hear me out. Girls like shiny things. Girls are more often likely to want to be noticed for having something (not saying all). Girls like bright happy things. I think girls are more likely to buy a white one. It's not sexist so calm down. It's just the same that a girl is more likely to buy a bra and a skirt. But of corse then there are the wierdos again who might :) Did I mention I love girls? :) Some wierdos are fine.

Boys are more into blending in. Boys like dark mysterious things. Boys don't like to be singled out and for some, heaven forbid have their sexuality questioned. Boys could do with a bit of lightening up once in a while but it aint gonna happen easily. Especially with a white iPad that looks Whack.

But yes of corse then there is everything in between that subvert the generalisation.

It's just plain ol differences. Heaven and earth stuff.

Then there are wierdos. plain and simple. :D

18. AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

do you wear white underwear?
    do things look smaller or dimmer?
    it's only a color.

19. racer1441 macrumors 68000

Not an apple issue, so who cares?

20. darngooddesign macrumors G3

That might not be the underwear's fault. :D

21. AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

true it might be a design problem.

22. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Huh? Last I checked OPs question wasn't an Apple issue either -- it was a personal one. Comment was a joke -- response a Jeopardy contestant might make to OPs thread title. Maybe you need to take your snark antenna in for a tune-up -- or maybe it's using ATT & you are in SF or NYC?

23. camelsnot macrumors 6502

camelsnot

wont matter as you'll use a cover for the front and maybe around part of the bezel. You won't miss the color.

24. darngooddesign macrumors G3

A good user experience can compensate for bad specs....sometimes not.

25. Alvesang macrumors regular

Alvesang

Oh honey, don't know where to start commenting with that much nonsense in one post. Seriously, no idea.