White iPad in a business use

Discussion in 'iPad' started by i0Nic, Mar 11, 2011.

1. i0Nic macrumors 65816

I'd love to get a white iPad, however I do intend to use it at work, which would occasionally involve taking it into corporate meetings. I work in media so it's not all button down corporate, but in meetings you do want to convey professionalism.

Also, I run a small photography business and intend on displaying photos to potential clients on the iPad. I'm concerned that the white iPad wouldn't display my photos in the best way, with the lower perceived contrast of the screen.

It seems like a black iPad would be more appropriate, but I'd still love to be able to justify the white one. Anyone else who wants to use the iPad in business planning on getting the white model, or any thoughts on the subject?

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

It's a color, a simple, neutral one at that, we're not talking rainbowed, Tonka toy colors I don't see how it's an issue.

I was under the impression from most of my pro photo and painter acquaintances who have their own gallery's physical and web, that simple plain white backgrounds make the most appropriate backdrop for accenting their art.

3. profets macrumors 68040

I use a white iPad and white iPhone for business purposes during the week.. Really don't think it's a big deal. And you work in media and photography which I would think would justify it even more.