White iPad2 shudda had white logo?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by DotCom2, Mar 26, 2011.

1. DotCom2 macrumors 68030

Got the iPad2 in white and love it but I think it would have looked nicer if the :apple: Logo and the 3G band were white with maybe the buttons a light gray?
    Whattya think?

2. alan111 macrumors regular

Yeah. I think the whole back should have been white instead of alum .. Similar to the older white iPhone

3. schmoopy.design macrumors regular

4. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

On the white iPad, the logo itself should be white, the 3G band at the top(black & white models) should be a grey to match the aluminium, with the buttons staying black.

5. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

I think it looks fine the way it is.although it couldn't have been that difficult to make the logo white. But hey who's looking at the back of their iPad when they're using it anyway.

6. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

It's pretty obvious Apple want the logo to stand out as much as possible.

On the street or in the media, having a black Apple logo against a light silver surround is going to make it much easier for people to notice it's an Apple product.

Free advertising and increased public awareness of the brand.

I'm 100% sure this was also a major part of the design brief of the new "front only" magnetic apple cover. So as to leave the back open so that onlookers could see you were using an Apple product and not a tablet from another maker.

7. PCClone macrumors 6502a

So many things I could say about getting a white one and using the word shudda.