iPad White iPads

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Samtb, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Samtb macrumors 65816

Are the bezels on white iPads distracting for watching videos compared to black ones?

2. Tim7 macrumors 6502

Tim7

Nope it's fine. I don't notice it at all when watching.

3. Mr.C macrumors 601

Well its a matter of opinion. Some people will tell you they are and others will tell you they are not. I'm in the second camp and in opinion it makes no difference what colour the bezel is. If anything the white bezel to me makes the screen actually look bigger. It doesn't bother me in the least.

4. Centris 650 macrumors 6502a

Centris 650

I used my son's white iPad 2 a good bit and never thought it was distracting. The same goes for my white iPhone 4S. Though I've used the white iPad "in the field" I still worry if the bezel will be distracting. I'd hate to pay so much money and then be irritated every time I try to work on it.

Just remember...the white bezel is smaller now so it should be less distracting if it ever was!

5. Moonuhsato macrumors newbie

6. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

To me, no...to some, maybe. It is no more distracting than watching a big screen TV set on a white/light wall...is the wall a distraction to watching the content on the TV?

7. Tikatika macrumors 6502

Tikatika

Have black iPad 3 and white iPad Mini. Far and away prefer the white ... makes the screen look bigger and is more pleasing to the eye.

Am thinking a white iPad Air is in my future :)

8. Eckscaliber macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber

I had a white iPad 2, and the white was very distracting to me. I will never own another white device. The screen pops with a black border.

9. Mr.C macrumors 601

Actually I have. Sony makes one. What's your point. The fact that most TV's have black bezels has nothing to do with this.

10. ninaco macrumors 6502

ninaco

My ipad 3 is white. I never notice the bezel, even when watching videos. I like the look of the white & would buy it again.

11. Samtb thread starter macrumors 65816

Is white more obvious when carrying it around? Is it more likely to get stolen?

12. mariotr87 macrumors regular

I guess if you are in the dark, black is less "distracting", but I wouldn't say white is distracting really.

The only thing that bothers me is that the part of the screen that doesn't contain pixels is noticeable in white devices, while it is not on black ones, since it's entirely black already. So because of this you have white, then a black rectangle, then whatever is on screen.
    The same goes for the light sensor, it's invisible in the black iPhone, not so much on the white one :).

The black one kind of disappears easier, but that said, these are not devices you want to hide. White is more catchy, I love it. Also the screen looks nicer, I find the contrast with white to be nicer, and with iOS7 specially, I just love the color combination. With the black one iOS7 looks just...meh to me.

Anyway pick the one you like the most, I have a white iPhone 5, coming from an black iPhone 4S, and the user experience when it comes to consuming content is exactly the same.

I had a black iPad 3 that I sold a long time ago; I'm taking the iPad Mini with retina display in white this time around. That mini looks gorgeous in white.

13. Markyyy, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013

Markyyy macrumors regular

The only good thing for me about a white bezel is that I wouldn't be catching glimpses of my ugly mug so often because the reflections from them appear lesser than those from a black-bezelled iPad :). But like many of you, I prefer the black because it is 'less of a distraction', and feels more premium (possibly because you can't see dirt and grime as easily on black as you can on white).

14. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

15. troubleonline macrumors 6502a

troubleonline

Yep - horrible. I dislike silver TV's too!!

I want a white iPad Air because I think it looks good with iOS7 but worry I will regret it.........

So I've just compared watching a video on my black iphone 5 and my new gold iphone 5s and whilst the 5s has a better picture I think watching videos with a black border is much better.

So I guess that helps me decide what colour iPad Air to get!! Then again I don't watch much video on either my iPhone or my iPad so........... :confused:

16. zooby macrumors 6502a

I recently have gone back to black because I did find the white bezel to be a little distracting at times. It isn't terrible on my mini or iPhone, but the screen definitely seems to blend better with the black. There is a small black border that can somewhat be seen on my white iPhone / iPad.

However, if you don't find it to be distracting, the white is great. It's different from the rest of the black tablets. :)