White iPhone 3G 16GB Battery Life?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thecoolone1, Jul 4, 2009.

1. thecoolone1 macrumors regular

I just got a Refurbished iPhone 3G White 16GB from Apple last Saturday (friend gave me her iphone 3g and she got the 3gs, she had a crack so i got it replaced). I've been using it since and since I'm a NEW iPhone 3G user, I'm a little concerned and curious on the battery life. For me it just seems like it drains 1% every 5 minutes or less. I have 3G off, location services off, brightness well under 40%, Push is off, bluetooth off, and fetch is set to manually.

My current Usage as of right now is:

Time since last full charge

Usage: 2 Hours, 3 Minutes
    Standby: 9 Hours, 1 minute

Battery is currently at 41%. I don't use the "iPod" as I dont listen to much music, haven't watched any movies yet, and the only thing I do is check email, and browse the web for probably 5 minutes at a time.

I haven't even been using it for calls yet since I just got it and my Lifetime Call Time is just 2 Hours, 34 Minutes.

I'm curious to see if this is "normal" battery life or what. I find it really annoying that I have to turn everything off just to have "decent" battery life.

If anyone can please fill me in if this is normal or what I would greatly appreciate it. Also, some tips would be helpful to if there is anyway I could possibly "test" my battery life, maybe?

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

That doesn't seem normal. I have location services, bluetooth, wifi, and 3G on all day long plus I use my phone quite a bit for Internet, playing songs, texting, and making calls. I can easily get a full day out of my phone so I don't see why you are getting such poor battery life on yours. I'd have Apple check it out. You may want them to check the charge cycles. Anything above 300 and the battery is pretty much hosed.

3. thecoolone1 thread starter macrumors regular

How do they check the charging cycles?