White iPhone 3g Info

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bklyn bruiser, Jun 11, 2009.

1. bklyn bruiser macrumors newbie

I have a question for those who have owned the WHITE iPhone 3g since the launch date or for a decent amount of time. I have the black iPhone 3g and I am considering the 3Gs in white. Did anyone experiance any sort of discoloration on the white 3g? Did it become "off white" or even a yellow tint? I seen someone on the bus and his seemed to look like a yellow tint, but I was not close enough to be sure.

2. amitdoc2b macrumors 6502a

No yellow tint or discoloration, but very slight cracking at pressure points.

3. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

4. Synthetickiller macrumors regular

This info makes me happy. Now I can get my dirty little mitts on one. :D

5. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

White 16GB 3G here and not one problem even though I stick it in my pocket with not case or screen protector, it hasn't scratched or discolored in anyway.

Great Phone :D

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

ive had 6 white iphones

all have cracks

even current one

i no longer care

7. tjhilder macrumors regular

tjhilder

no complaints from me, had my white 3g since march :cool:

8. bklyn bruiser thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank You Guys for your quick response... White It Is... Even though my Black 3G is still in Amazingly GREAT condition (and I have never used a case or skin) I intended to pick up my New White 3Gs with a case already in hand.

9. jlblodgett macrumors 6502a

I had a white iPhone 3G. No scratches that I am aware of. No discoloration.

I am getting a white iPhone 3Gs next week.

10. mathewr macrumors 6502

bklyn thanks for starting this thread. i cant decide which color i want to get i had these exact same questions. i just want the one that stands out the most.

and for all of u posters who claim people dont search, well i searched.

11. mathewr macrumors 6502

i have another question for white iphonme buyers, do u feel like the phone looks like 2 different phones with the contrast of the front being black and back being white?

12. BeSe7enTeen macrumors newbie

yea i do
    to me it dosent look right
    if they made the front white then maybe i would consider buying white but personally i think it looks retarded

i must say the white phone does feel smaller tho
    i was at an apple store looking and holding them side by side and the white felt smaller for some reason

maybe my eyes are just playing tricks on me idk :apple:

13. mark34 macrumors 6502a

I really like my white one.. haven't regretted it for a minute... it does make me want to go naked since it looks so good and doesn't have visible fingerprints all over it. I like the black one as well, but they always look dirty to me.

14. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

so...the cracking issue hasn't been resolved?

I was debating carrying my white iphone into the apple store to see if they would replace it...there is a crack by the silence switch, one by the headphone jack and some little ones around the camera lens.
    (I've been super careful...and don't just toss it in my purse)

but if they still crack...I wonder if I should just hold onto what I have?...

hrmmm...

15. mathewr macrumors 6502

the reason why i am asking these questions is because i think i want the white one cause i think it stands out more, but it is a 2 yr contract so if i hate it im stuck for another 20 plus months. the black is the safer play.

i thank all of u for ur help i hope to order by the end of the day

16. hefeglass macrumors 6502a

heres my white 16gb.

ive had it for a few months...i dont use a case or screen protector (it stays in my left pocket with nothing else in there..i try to be as anal about it as I can)
    phone is still brand new looking..not a scratch, crack, or discoloration.

ill be getting a black 3gs so its easy to tell them apart. will likely keep this one in my car as an ipod (an expensive one)

Attached Files:

17. cory4nek macrumors newbie

My White iPhone 3G

I have a white iPhone 3G. For the first few months of owning it I refused to buy a case because it looked so great. After about 6mo. I noticed a small crack by the camera... this was after I started carrying it in my back pocket. I took it to the nearest Apple :apple: store and they replaced it with a brand new one for me. I just ordered a 3G S in white, and have tried to talk my brother out of ordering a black one because they do get so dirty and greasy, but the white is definitely my favorite.

18. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I've had a 16GB 3G White iPhone since launch day and exchanged it a couple of weeks after I bought it and now my upgrade date is August 10, '09, probably b/c I exchanged it for the uneven glass and dust in the crevices and under the screen. I've really taken care of this white iPhone by installing InvisibleShield front and back. No cracks or damage to this iPhone.....:cool::cool::cool: