White iPhone 4/4S dirt.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ste1164, Oct 15, 2011.

1. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

I am thinking of swapping my black 4S for a white one. Has anyone who has had a white iPhone noticed any dirt getting caught between the home button and screen that has caused any discolouration? Or has the plastic banding around the edge of the iPhones glass become dirty or discoloured?

2. ap3604 macrumors 68000

I haven't had any problem like that.

White looks as pure as eggshells.

Figure as long as you wash your hands every now and then your fine...

3. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

I had my last white one for 4 months and always look good, plus you can barely tell fingerprints on the back unlike the black one, I'll say go for it, I got a white one myself, but now I seen more people with it so I don't feel so special lol

4. Young Spade macrumors 68020

I felt like I would see the same results over time as well. I can't see any fingerprints on mine and seeing that it's either in my pocket, hands, or counter, it won't get too dirty.

Plus, you can always give it a good wipe down with alcohol and a paper towel.

5. ste1164 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ste1164

Not too bothered about how many people have it :p, still probably more black ones because of the original iPhone 4. Looks like I'm returning mine to get a white one then :)

6. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Didn't know you could do this. Is there a re stocking fee?
    Anyway, I waffled back and forth about ordering the white vs black. I'm not crazy about white but thought it would be different. Different is good. But, it seems to be popular and I tend to NOT get items which are popular with the masses. I, also, wondered about dirt showing up more prominently on the white iPhone. So, I went with black (again). I'd be interested in seeing more comments from the white iPhone owners about dirt and how hard it might be to keep clean (dirt from showing).