White iphone 4 AD campaign

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Webecinya, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Webecinya macrumors newbie

Maybe i'm wrong, but after careful thought, wouldn't Apple, Verizon, and ATT all want to promote the white iphone 4 if it were really days away from a launch? I mean its not a new phone, so no secerets needed. I just feel like if Apple was really going to finally release this white phone they would advertise and create demand. Ive seen none of this. And if this white iphone does come out next week, why in the world is it such a secret inside the telecomm comminity? I mean wouldnt you want to say sure, come Tuesday for the white iphone, and the sell the hell out of the phones? Someone please enlighten me, please.

2. MacRuler macrumors 6502

3. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

Would you put a damn question mark in your thread title?

On topic: no, no ad campaign is needed. It's not a new phone essentially. Spending money on advertising a one-year technology in a different color is laughably pathetic and Apple surely know that.

4. Lycanthroat macrumors regular

Is it actually coming out this time?

I gave up waiting and after a chat in the Apple Store, decided to get a black i4.

5. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

There isn't going to be a white iPhone 4. Apple would of set a launch date and would of started promoting it. It's not just magically going to appear in all the Apple stores.

6. Legion93 macrumors 6502a

Legion93

Instead, Apple will make an updated iPhone (maybe 4G, 4S or 5). They've said this in a statement back in June last year that the White iPhone will be available preferably after July 2011.

7. celticpride678

No, they didn't.

8. Hans Brix macrumors 6502

Hasn't Apple released other updated devices in the past without fanfare?

9. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

And they said this where?

10. ap3604 macrumors 68000

+1

As far as the marketing is concerned, why would Apple even bother advertising the white iPhone 4? The amount of free press and coverage it will get in the news/tech sites will be amazing to watch :)