White iPhone 4 and Sky+ App crashing

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Macbooky, May 15, 2011.

1. Macbooky macrumors newbie

Hi,

Have just got a new White iPhone 4 32GB and have restored the backup from my Black iPhone 4 32GB. The problem I am having is that the Sky+ App, which worked perfectly on the Black iPhone 4 now crashes on the White one! It appears to let me sign my username and password into the app but when I select a programme to remote record, the application crashes immediately.

I have tried uninstalling the Sky+ App and downloading it straight to the iPhone from the phone's App Store but this didn't help. I have also changed my password on the Sky website and tried logging into the app again but still no joy.

I logged myself into my brother's Sky+ App, on his Black iPhone 4, ok so all I can conclude is that this is only related to the White iPhone 4? Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks for any help!

2. Gettinthere, Jun 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2011

Gettinthere macrumors newbie

I am having the exact same problem.

Can't help but I am having the same trouble. I have also noticed that it doesn't store your profile details either.

3. Macbooky thread starter macrumors newbie

I took a trip to the Apple Store and asked them about this and we found exactly what the problem was. This is due to restoring from a backup when you set up the phone for the first time.
    What you have to do is go into settings/general and restore the iphone to its factory settings then set the iphone up as a new phone. You will lose your old text messages and you will have to sync your email, contacts and apps again but the sky app will now log you in correctly and work as its supposed to.

Hope that helps!

4. Gettinthere macrumors newbie

Cheers but I think I'd rather do without the app.

Thanks Karl