White iPhone 4 auction for $1425 on eBay!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WardC, Jul 1, 2010.

1. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

2. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

Funny. Even says he wont ship the phone till it releases and he gets it. Who ever has this much disposable income, I'd like some.

3. WardC thread starter macrumors 68030

WardC

I think it will be fairly easy just to pre-order the white phone on the first day from the Apple Store online when it becomes available, and get it shipped on the first day. I don't think it will be nearly as troublesome as the chaos of June 15th.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Shows you people dont really read anything before they jump the gun :D

5. mrFinder macrumors member

If you look carefully, there are currently only 4 different users bidding on it. All of their bids together add up to 16. Also, 2 of the users are new ebayers and have 0 feedback, leading me to believe that the seller created two fake accounts just to raise the price. The other 2 bidders may just be friends of the seller who are also helping him raise the price. What kind of idiot would pay $1425 for a White iPhone that is not even available yet to anyone, when they could just buy an unsubsidized one from Apple for $600-$700 (whichever it is). They can get 2 for the amount that this ebayer is selling it for!

6. Mickyfin macrumors 6502

Mickyfin

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

8. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

The only reason the price is so low, is it's one of the ones with the defective antenna... :)

9. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

10. tigress666 macrumors 68040

I've found the auctions that go for unbelievable prices on ebay for hte iphones are usually either shill bidders or scammers hoping to use some one's greed against them (hoping a high price makes the seller more likely to ignore warning signs). Shoot, right when the 4 came out I saw some one warning on craigslist about how she almost got jumped when she responded to some one wanting to pay her 1500 for her iphone (apparently she at least was smart enough to see the warning signs when they approached and left. But honestly, she let greed blind her).

it still holds true, if it seems too good to be true, it is.

11. maokh macrumors 6502

12. markthrash macrumors 6502

markthrash

Or even get it for $199 if they were to want to renew their contract with AT&T. Seriously, wow. From $199...to $1000 ! Crazy people!

13. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

The price isn't high because it's white, it's because it's factory unlocked. Not to easy to get those right now. Especially in the states.

14. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

Was going to ask the seller a question: "ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FREAKIN' MIND, EH?" but figured eBay would hassle me if I did... ;)