White iPhone 4 Back Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Shivek, May 25, 2011.

1. Shivek macrumors member

I just got the white iPhone 4 yesterday and instantly put on a screen protector for front and back.

So today I was looking at the back of the phone and I noticed that at some angles, there is a weird "pure white" discoloration type of thing around the edges of the Apple logo. It's only noticeable from some angles and might have to do with the fact that the white finish is meant to be like that or the screen protector is causing it. So did anyone else with a white iPhone 4 notice the same thing?

I may be being paranoid here so please bear with me, lol.

2. fungus macrumors regular

fungus

I don't have any screen protectors on mine, and I don't see anything anomalous around the logo. The white goes right up to the edge of the mirror finish. I do however see a brighter white wherever there is an edge to the glass - around the outside edges at the plastic, home button, camera, and earpiece hole - due to the way the light reflects/refracts through the glass.

My guess is it's the clear protector causing it on yours, although I only have mine to compare it to.

3. Shivek thread starter macrumors member

It's like a brighter white outside the edges of the Apple logo, but you'll have to turn your phone in different angles for it to be noticeable.

4. fungus macrumors regular

fungus

Checked again, definitely don't have it on mine. Can you take the protector off and reuse it?

5. Shivek thread starter macrumors member

I'll definitely take it off and see even though it can't be re-used. BTW, why is the auto-brightness so dim in the white iPhone 4?

6. fungus macrumors regular

fungus

I'm sure it just appears that way because it's next to white instead of black. But I noticed that too. Wouldn't be as obvious if the lock screen didn't pop up at normal brightness every time. :rolleyes:

7. Shivek thread starter macrumors member

Haha, yes, you are right! And it is also because my black one has yellow-tinted screen and this is blue-tinted. Thanks for helping me out, mate.

8. fungus macrumors regular

fungus

No problem :)

Mine also appears blueish. Been meaning to compare against the wife's black one...