White iPhone 4 case compatibility?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ashleeczapla, May 19, 2011.

1. ashleeczapla macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm Ashlee.
    I am going to buy Verzion's white iPhone 4, but before I do so I want to buy a case so I do not scratch it up.
    When I am looking online many cases say "black iPhone 4 compatible only", and others just say "iPhone 4 compatible".
    This makes me nervous because I do not want to buy the wrong kind of case.
    Do the ones that say "black iPhone 4 compatible only" really only fit the black iPhone? Are there any significant differences between the two iPhone colors or will I be safe buying any kind of iPhone 4 case?
    Please help

2. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

There is no difference. They will fit the same.

3. ashleeczapla thread starter macrumors newbie

4. JoshBoy macrumors 6502

JoshBoy

Hi I'm Josh, :)

There should be no difference in the covers as they have shown they are the same - there was rumour and pics going around saying the white was thicker however that has been shown as incorrect.

5. ashleeczapla thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay thank you so much!

6. JessicaR macrumors member

There is a tiny tiny tiny difference in the thickness of the white iPhone. It is consider JND (just noticeable difference) You can read about it here. Since it is only 0.2mm thick, it will not affect most cases. However, if you find a case that says black iPhones only, believe it.

Many brands like Marware do not make cases that fit that snug. Therefore all their iPhone 4 cases will the white iPhone. How do I know? I e-mailed them and asked, just to be sure. Yet the same is not true of Otterbox. That case is so snug and inflexible it won't fit the white iPhone.

7. tubalores macrumors member

tubalores

This is not true...my Belkin Shield Eclipse doesn't fit my white iphone 4, but it does fit my boyfriend's black 4 :( The edges stick out awkwardly on mine.