Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applemessiah

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 8, 2011
I have an iphone 4 that was converted to white after the LCD was cracked. After sorting out some issues, i have it working and after placing several calls i notice the screen does not go black when i place it to my ear. Any way to fix this or is this a result of the white conversion parts?

g12007

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2011
it may have to do with the part or the connector inside the device .

had a problem like that after a black lcd replacement .. the screen wouold stay on during calls and the other phone couldnt hear anything from the phone with the new lcd

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
To get the white iPhone proximity sensor working, you have to color the inside back of the proximity sensor black with a sharpie. You won't see it from the outside but it will allow the infrared light through the holes.

awadeee

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2011
Canada
I have an iphone 4 that was converted to white after the LCD was cracked. After sorting out some issues, i have it working and after placing several calls i notice the screen does not go black when i place it to my ear. Any way to fix this or is this a result of the white conversion parts?

Does the proximity sensor look like a few rows of dots or a solid black bar (like the official white iPhone 4)?

If you've got the dots then the sharpie will do the trick.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.