White iPhone 4 getting dirty

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by trevorplease, Jun 20, 2010.

1. trevorplease macrumors regular

Will the phone collect dust, dirt, and debris? I want my white iphone to stay white and not turn a tint of different color or discolor at all. Will it stay white forever?

2. Rookie1986 macrumors 6502

Well both sides are encased in glass so unless something can get between it then it should stay looking white

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Of course it will. Apple adds magic fairy dust at the end of the manufacturing process. Some people think the fairy dust is the RDF. I think it's to keep the white iPhone pristine. The black phones doesn't get the magic fairy dust. I'm not quite sure why.

4. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

It would be interesting to see how clean it stays, but like all white colored products, it will show dirt.:):)

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

search black vs white or black or white phone. there has been allot of discussion over the different aspects of owning each color. along with each collecting dirt.

6. JonnyIreland macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

Some of the questions really make me smile :D
    Nobody can predict the future, especially for a product we haven't touched or handled yet.

7. londoner888 macrumors regular

londoner888

Have had my white 3GS for 8 months now and its still pure white, never kept it in a case either.

With the white on the 4 being encased in glass I'm pretty sure it'll stay clean and white!!

Everyone goes on about how white shows up dirt, but black shows up scratches, like my friend's black 3g shows.
    I know which I'd prefer!

8. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

The only problem I foresee is dirt getting trapped around the home button and being visible.