White iPhone 4 on launch day.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by anitasanger, Jun 19, 2010.

1. anitasanger macrumors member

Okay as many of you, I have held out for the white phone. And for some absolutely moronic and unprofessional reason, apple has refused to give us any logistics as to why the white wasn't released for pre order and when it will be available. What are those of you in this rocking, white boat going to do?

Do we assume that the white iPhone will be available in the stores on launch day? Do we stand in the lines and fight the rabid throngs of seething iseekers even though we have no indication of the elusive white phones presence? I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet, so i'm wondering what others are planning. If the white is there, i have no problem waiting and fighting. But if i wait all that time only to find her black counterpart, I shall be discontented.

What are my fellow snow-blind applers planning?

2. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

I'm waiting, and hoping that it'll be out in July, not August or September (or worse).

3. christyn macrumors 6502a

Anyone who camps out on launch day to get a white iPhone and who isn't willing to accept a black instead is wasting their time.

I pre-ordered black, but plan to order white later this summer when it's available and give my dh my black.

4. i-John macrumors 6502a

i-John

Manufacturing issues.

Why do they have to give a reason? It's their product, they will release it when they can. When the orders die down, I'm sure they will make the white available for ordering.

5. c00lerness macrumors member

A Best Buy rep said it was Manufacturing issues. Apple has said nothing yet, so I won't believe anyone's word till Apple releases a statement. All we can do is wait.:(

6. anitasanger thread starter macrumors member

I don't recall them telling the public that there were manufacturing issues. Where did you read this? All I saw was mass hysteria and hype promoting the black and white iPhones with the pre order date. The day came and the site simply said that the white wasn't available for pre order, nothing about manufacturing issues, no press release, nothing. For all we know, it wasn't available for pre order, but will be available at launch. This topic is a perfectly legitimate area of discussion.

7. canyonblue737 macrumors 6502a

Almost certainly this means that a last minute quality control issue has cropped up with white iphone cases and they needed to further address them before release. This also means if white iPhone's represented lets say 15-20% of total iPhone's that is further hurting the total number of iPhone's available for sale as surely many folks wanting a white one will NOT wait and attempt to get one of the black iPhone's.

8. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

My Black iPhone 4 will arrive on June 24. When the White is available I will pay full price and sell the Black. :D

9. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

I heard from a best buy employee's friend of a friend's brother's girlfriend that there isn't going to be a white iPhone until December.

10. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Apple will release info the day before i'm sure.

11. c00lerness macrumors member

I'm hoping soon. Maybe we'll know the day they release iOS 4 since they will probably have to update the website.

I hate this silence from Apple. Any news is better than nothing.

12. RedRaider219 macrumors newbie

I talked to an employee at the apple store who seemed to be pretty competent, and he told me that they "will not have white on launch day." He did not however give a reason just said what we were all thinking.

13. twitchtwice macrumors member

14. JoJoCal19 macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

Im thinking they will release info this week if not by Wednesday telling us whether they will be available at launch or not. I think they are smart enough to know that tens or hundreds of thousands of people might camp out or line up for one and then be disappointed so they will tell us. My best guess is they are hoping like crazy they will have them for launch so they haven't said anything but in the case that they won't, then they will tell us.

15. kizersoze83 macrumors member

Just an FYI. You can avoid having to camp out in line for a few days/weeks by calling around to local radioshacks. They have waiting lists for people who want the iPhone. All you have to do is call and chances are you will be one of the first 10 on the list since people don't know about this. Upgrading customers are getting first dibs and if you ask for white (if they exist on launch day) you will most likely be the first to ask since most people don't really care. I am on the list of 2 local radioshacks in Denver. I will let you know if they call me Wednesday and say they have white ones!!:D

16. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Yeah and Best Buy doesn't have a clue. "Manufacturing issues" is their best guest as well as ours.

17. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Lol Radio Shack is going to end up with like 3 16gb Blacks on launch day.

18. mrblack927 macrumors 6502a

mrblack927

Well said. I agree completely. Their silence is not because they are "incompetent" or "unprofessional", but rather because they don't want to make any firm commitments until they know more. I take this as a sign that they're trying to get them ready for launch day but aren't sure if it will happen yet.

I also think that we will hear something "official" from them sometime between now and launch day. If they don't make it under the wire for a 6/24 release, they will probably arrive very soon afterwards...

19. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Same here.

20. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

I want a white phone, but not bad enough to wait an "undetermined" length of time. I reserved a black phone, and if they happen to have white I will switch. If not, then im sticking with black...