Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

agallowa

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
Citrus Heights, CA
wow thats pretty bold of walmart or maybe stupid to put that on there site even if it says unavailable. thats going to cause alot of confusion and dissapointment

fuzion

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2010
You know as much as I like the look of the new white one and still want one.. the two words are stuck in my head after various people commented on them:

1) Girlie
2) Pretentious

fuzion

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2010
wow thats pretty bold of walmart or maybe stupid to put that on there site even if it says unavailable. thats going to cause alot of confusion and dissapointment

through a little bit of trickery (change the SKU) you can see both the white 16 and 32 gb on AT&T's site as well

komiothebeat

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
Corona, CA
through a little bit of trickery (change the SKU) you can see both the white 16 and 32 gb on AT&T's site as well

where are the Sku's for the different versions ? i tried searching but couldn't find them posted anywhere besides the black ones on the apple site

aforty

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
You know as much as I like the look of the new white one and still want one.. the two words are stuck in my head after various people commented on them:

1) Girlie
2) Pretentious

You care a lot about what other people think?

Was the original white iPod (with the buttons) girlie and pretentious too?

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008

1) Girlie
2) Pretentious

Well, being a girl and all, I think I'm safe. :)

Dsr1205

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2008

1) Girlie
2) Pretentious

1) seems valid, especially if you get the pink bumper.
2) iPhone no matter the color is pretentious. Like when the white was more more expensive than the black (remeber white 3g cam white or black, 8gb was black only) i bought white so people would knew i paid more. so pretentious, originally yes but now iPhone is pretentious in general.

add this one 3) wtf camera and sensor party. White draws the eyes to the cameras unlike the black which hides them.

Deadman64

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008

1) Girlie
2) Pretentious

Hmm I guess to each his own. I think

1) Classy
2) Futuristic

fuzion

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2010
where are the Sku's for the different versions ? i tried searching but couldn't find them posted anywhere besides the black ones on the apple site

Go to the site, pull out an out of stock 16GB Black. Change the last two numbers in the SKU to 37 (16GB W) and 55 (32GB W)

You care a lot about what other people think?

Was the original white iPod (with the buttons) girlie and pretentious too?

1) I'm human so yes I do make decisions based on outside input
2) No, because that's how it was introduced

Well, being a girl and all, I think I'm safe. :)

Touche!

1) seems valid, especially if you get the pink bumper.
2) iPhone no matter the color is pretentious. Like when the white was more more expensive than the black (remeber white 3g cam white or black, 8gb was black only) i bought white so people would knew i paid more. so pretentious, originally yes but now iPhone is pretentious in general.

add this one 3) wtf camera and sensor party. White draws the eyes to the cameras unlike the black which hides them.

True.. true-ish, BUT, the white has more "look at me I have an iPhone" to it.. and true!

Hmm I guess to each his own. I think

1) Classy
2) Futuristic

I agree; I think the phone looks stunning which is why I still might get one.. but in the back of my mind I hear my friends and co workers telling me to stick with black!

I didn't buy the last white iPhone because I thought they were ugly.

topmounter

macrumors 68030
Jun 18, 2009
FEMA Region VIII
If you're worried about your white iPhone4 being "girlie and pretentious", then you can always stick it in a phoneballs case and instead it will be manly and offensive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.