White iPhone 4 or wait for iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by edtorious, Apr 27, 2011.

?

White iPhone 4 now or wait for iPhone 5?

1. White iPhone 4

17 vote(s)
    37.8%
  2. iPhone 5

28 vote(s)
    62.2%
  1. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

My wife wants to upgrade her iPhone 3G to white iPhone 4 but I'm thinking we should wait till iPhone 5 comes out? What do you think?

2. 0815 macrumors 68000

depends on how desperate she is in need of a new phone.

If she doesn't have any problems I might wait - but there is nothing wrong with the getting iPhone4 now since there is still some time for the iPhone5 to appear and the iPhone4 won't stop working once the iPhone5 is out (so she has at least 6 month to enjoy the latest generation gadget - after that she still will enjoy the previous generation iPhone).

3. xlost6 macrumors 6502

how do you know the iPhone 5 will be releasing soon? all we have is speculation. so in regards to you waiting, your actually speculating on a device that could or would not releasing anytime soon.

your best bet is if your in need of a iPhone. Get the iPhone 4 be happy with it and satisfied and wait till your next upgrade to get the next iPhone.

easy, unless your the kind of person that needs to have the latest greatest thing.

4. edtorious thread starter macrumors 65816

edtorious

The problem is if she wants to upgrade from white iPhone 4 to iPhone 5 then she's not eligible for lower pricing on iPhone 5. :(

5. xlost6 macrumors 6502

but is she the kind of person that NEEDS to have the latest and greatest thing on the market?

6. Eso macrumors 68000

Eso

I couldn't in good conscience let any of my immediate family buy an iPhone 4, white or otherwise.

7. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

completely agree.

Btw, i have an iPhone 3G as well on iOS 3.1.3, and i'm waiting patiently for the 5, it makes no sense to get the 4 now.

8. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Newer is almost always better so waiting is probably the way to go. That being said your waiting on what, and till when? We have no idea. Sure it will be faster, thinner, lighter, but we have no idea on those specifics, and we have no real idea on when it will arrive.

If you NEED a phone NOW get it. There will always be something better around the corner.

9. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

The key word is she WANTS to, not NEEDS to. Therefore, wait for iPhone 5.

10. 0815 macrumors 68000

Tell her it is her choice ... either the white iPhone4 now or the whatever colored iPhone5 later this year ... getting both sounds like a waste of money if you pay full price for the update.

11. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

As long as she doesn't get upset and kicks herself, that all her buddies have the newest iPhone in a few months, which has a better camera and is much better altogether.
    Then she should go for the current one.

12. Flake macrumors regular

Flake

I'd definitely what for the next model, it's sure to come in white and will probably be more powerful and slightly better overall than the 4 now

13. edtorious thread starter macrumors 65816

edtorious

thanks for the suggestions, we'll just wait for iPhone 5 and we'll both switch to verizon probably when that time comes also. :cool::p