white iphone 4 out?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by karkid, Dec 19, 2010.

1. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

no.

you can mod it by replacing the glass, but that's it.

2. karkid thread starter macrumors member

did you even bother clicking the link i know u can replace the glass i already have mine done line that ...

3. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I don't know about this. I haven't seen any other corroboration yet. Seems like it would be fairly big Apple news.

4. karkid thread starter macrumors member

yeah thats why i posted this im in canada and i know we don't have them here:rolleyes:

5. Lukeyy19 macrumors 6502a

Lukeyy19

It's fake, someone has put their modded iPhone on the stand, if it was at the apple store sitting in that dock all day it wouldn't have 40% battery life, and it wouldn't be connected to AT&T...

6. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Ahh, good catch.

7. karkid thread starter macrumors member

indeed i didnt think of it

8. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

There are also paid apps installed like Infinity Blade.

9. Mlrollin91, Dec 19, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2010

Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Paid apps and connected to AT&T mean absolutely nothing. All iPhones, iPod Touches and iPads have paid apps on them, plus anything that is 3G is connected to AT&T

Edit:

Just saw your post on YouTube on my comment. Downloads is an application available on the App Store, i don't know what it exactly does, but I have seen it before. Like I said in the original comment, I believe it is fake, but just not the paid app/AT&T. The 40% seems off for sure.

Edit 2: Downloads-http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/downloads-the-best-downloader/id343307433?mt=8

I know that there is something wrong with it, because all Apple stores that I know of, have been to at least 12 have 5 Bars of AT&T service. This has 0 and still connected to AT&T. Something is wrong

10. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

It has both Angry Birds and Angry Birds Christmas. That and there is a Downloads app. I'm fairly certain that one's from Cydia.

Attached Files:

11. Lukeyy19 macrumors 6502a

Lukeyy19

Lol I see you commented my post on YouTube, taking credit for my supreme observation skills I see... Haha

12. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I wasn't trying to take credit. Sorry if it looks that way. I almost never comment on YouTube.

13. WRIGHTRACING macrumors regular

I watched the video and it looks pretty real. If it were a cover, then you would see it when the camera went by it. As far as Apple paid apps, you can change the app store to your Apple ID and download it. If you have paid for it once, it won't charge you again. IDK about Cydia, if it is a Cydia app for certain, then I'd say definitely it's fake. If someone sat there and played with it all day, and the next person, and next person the battery would likely be that low.

14. WRIGHTRACING macrumors regular

15. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I don't think anyone is saying it's a cover. What we think is that he got a white conversion kit (legit official white front and back plates), installed it, took it to the store and made the video. That would be easy to do.

I don't see why anyone would login to their Apple account, download a few apps (especially the hefty Infinity Blade) just to try them out on a white iP4. What's the point if you already have them on a black iP4?

I've yet to see an iDevice with that low of battery at an Apple store. Especially on the newer devices since the battery generally charges quickly and lasts quite a while. If it was a new launch then I could see it but this isn't (and if it is real, it's not widely known about yet).

The fact that no one else has reported this makes me think this is fake. If I wake up tomorrow and my RSS reader is full of "White iPhone Finally on Sale" headlines then I was clearly wrong.

It was when it first came out. Not sure if they removed it since though.

16. WRIGHTRACING macrumors regular

I thought the conversion kit, was just a cover that looked just like the i4 except it snapped on the outside. Didn't know you actually had to replace the glass on the front and rear to do it. So did the conversion kits come with the white buttons to. I would figure it would since it would have to come with new LCD screen attached to the front glass, but I never looked into what you had to do to convert them...Like I said never wanted one, but it is cool for the ones that like them I guess.

17. Lukeyy19 macrumors 6502a

Lukeyy19

Don't worry, I was joking

@WRIGHTRACING yeah the kits come with front glass including the display as it's all one sealed unit, back glass and the home button, I do like the white one, if it was available now I would of probably bought that instead, but I'm not going to shell out loads more money to make mine white, when it arrives hopefully tomorrow I will be perfectly happy with black.

18. phillipsteak macrumors member

doesnt anybody else realize that theres no security device attached to the back? i think thats a telltale sign right there...

19. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I had thought of that but then again I don't remember where they put them.

20. WRIGHTRACING macrumors regular

I knew someone would figure it out...That is the definite sign:D:D

21. Lukeyy19 macrumors 6502a

Lukeyy19

i didn't look at the iphone 4's when i went to my nearest apple store 5 months ago (its an hour drive away) so i wasn't sure if they should have any security devices on the back or not, but i could see the dock in the video, and if its been docked since the store opened or at least for most of the time, then you would think at gone 2pm, it would not only have 40% battery life

22. thegman1234 macrumors 6502

thegman1234

This may be nitpicking, but look at the left side of the home screen button at 11 seconds. It looks to be slightly uneven (I don't believe it's shadow). Obviously not reminiscent of the strict fit and finish that Apple puts into their products.

But all in all, the lack of a security device attached to the back is a dead give away.