White iPhone 4 preorders and reservations

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrblack927, Jun 23, 2010.

1. mrblack927 macrumors 6502a

mrblack927

Well, there you have it folks, the white iPhone 4 will be delayed till mid/late July.
    http://www.macrumors.com/2010/06/23...els-set-for-second-half-of-july-availability/

So, do you think Apple will open up a whole new set of preorders and/or reservations for the new units? Or do you think it will just be a free-for-all to grab them up at stores? Personally, without knowing more about the logistics, I don't see how they can just start shipping them to random stores without causes massive lines to queue up in front of stores day after day. Each time causing people to think that this MIGHT BE the day that they get them in. I mean, they have to do something to keep it organized, right?

2. InsiderApps macrumors member

I would expect for them to be available for pre-order mid July and then actually shipping/in stores for mid-end July. There's a reason why Apple haven't said anything specific yet, as they want people to think they will come sooner. I wouldn't be surprised if they wasn't available until August, but I doubt it will come to that.

3. mrblack927 thread starter macrumors 6502a

mrblack927

Well that have officially stated that it will be late July:
    http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010/06/23iphonestatement.html

But I'm curious as to whether they will let us queue up with preorders or whether we will have to do it at the store. Or worse, if we have to actually "guess" the date that our local store will get them in. :confused:

4. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

I wonder when Apple will begin accepting pre-orders for the white iPhone. I think I'm going to wait for it... or not... haven't decided yet.

5. debus143 macrumors newbie

I am really really really hoping that they have preorders- my boyfriends black iphone came to the door today while he was at work so I opened it to look at it and I am so jealous. It is pretty amazing to just be sitting here and an iphone comes to the door! On the plus side, I guess I do not have to worry about waking up early tomorrow morning...heres hoping for pre orders :)

6. mrblack927 thread starter macrumors 6502a

mrblack927

Well at least now we know Apple acknowledges all of us waiting for the white iPhone with a press release. I hope they have gotten the issue resolved and are building up a huge stock as we speak, and they are just delaying the release so that they won't have to deal with the lines and preorders a second time.

Who knows, maybe in a couple of weeks we will have plenty of white iPhones to go around.