White Iphone 4 protective case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jenainwonderlan, May 7, 2011.

1. jenainwonderlan macrumors newbie

I ordered my iPhone 4 white today before I learned that the protective cases don't fit the iPhone 4 white because if the sensor change. Does anyone know of a protective case that can be used for the white iPhone? If there isn't one out yet is there a projected date for them to be on the market?
    Also, why did they move the sensor?
    Thanks

2. leman macrumors 604

Of course they fit. That info was misinformation. White and black iPhone have exactly the same thickness. I own a white iPhone and the case I have bought for it fits perfectly.

3. mgg macrumors member

4. iRach macrumors member

iRach

I also have this case, I'd definitely recommend it :)

Must have it in clear though, so you can see the lovely white iPhone inside :D

5. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

i saw the white iphone for the first time the other day... its soooo sexy if the iphone 5 isn't that special when it comes out im getting the white 4 :)

6. cheatingbird macrumors newbie

Look at my white phone! its a sexy bady!

Attached Files:

7. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

8. mutchy126 macrumors regular

Correct Answer

Yes that's right, The Only Difference is Colour. :)

9. Jusfer macrumors member

alternatives...

you could cancel the order, get the black one and then protect it with a white case (recommendation: incase).

That way, you have what you want from the back and sides but still keep the black front which is better for viewing in bright ambient light.

But then, when did practical aspects ever win over cosmetic ones ;)

10. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

I recently got flammed a lot for saying that. Some people in this forum fight if you tell them that the white iPhone is the same thickness as black. I had to say to someone that he was right just to stop his arguing.

But it's true both phones have the same thickness. Apple's own Phil Shiller and consumer reports have confirmed it.

[​IMG]

11. guccigucci88, May 8, 2011
    Last edited: May 8, 2011

guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

What case is that cheating? the black ops and white phone definitely is a pretty perfect combo :)

Rebecca, not flaming you. But it's pretty naive to think that every apple product that comes out is perfectly made. Antennagate anyone? Just cuz one phone is the same thickness does not make them all the same. Just because one person had a phone that didn't have a death grip does that mean none of them had any problems?

"Apple's own Phil Shiller"... well yes he does ummm work for apple? They sure as hell don't pay him to talk bad about his own company do they now...

http://www.electronista.com/articles/11/04/28/could.be.a.factor.for.tight.fitting.skins.cases/

Can you tell me why you insist on defending apple so hard? It's not like you have both phones and did a test yourself. Trusting big companies and every word they say... you keep doing that lol ill just stick to thinking for myself.

12. RebeccaL, May 8, 2011
    Last edited: May 8, 2011

RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

I never said every Apple product is perfectly made. People saying that white iPhones are thicker say all of them are 2mm thicker due to some design changes.

You don't know if I have the white iPhone, how many I have compared myself and where I work for that matter. And I am not defending Apple everybody makes mistakes. Why you insist so hard on following all my postings and quote contradicting everything I say??? I am not the only person that says both phone
    are the same thickness, yet I am the only one you quote...

You also talk about trust. I trust my own experience and CR more than a random forum guy. And sorry for not answering all your replys.

13. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

no i never said ALL white iphones are thicker. you just seem a bit misguided in your posts. And I'm not stalking your posts either... notice how I only had one other post in the other thread then this one which I actually made a post first. Also your not the only person wrong... but the picture you keep posting gets my attention (i rarely ever read all posts unless I catch something intresting). sorry if I offended you in anyway, but please don't take anything on forums too seriously most of it is bs anyways. (i prolly sound mad obnoxious too sorry bout that :)

14. hohohong macrumors 6502

For some reason, Element Pro looks fugly on white iPhone 4. Plus Element has no service at all. Bought an Extreme 007 and can't make calls. They don't care at all even after contacting their manager.

I was hoping that SGP comes out with a white silicon with Chrom Red frame Neo Hybrid EX for white iPhone 4.

http://www.sgpstore.com/cell-phone/sgp-iphone-4-case-neo-hybrid-christmas-edition-1932.html

I'm not about to spend $85 for the Christmas set.

15. jenainwonderlan thread starter macrumors newbie

it is not the thickness that matters.

I wasn't asking for a case because of the thickness. The problem with the cases is the proximity sensor has been moved so any case that covers that part of the phone will not work with the iPhone 4 white.

16. mgg macrumors member

From what I've read, the sensor is in the same spot -- you just couldn't see it on the black iPhone. Besides, the sensor is the little black line on the face of the iPhone -- I doubt many cases would reach it.

17. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

As mmg said, the proximity sensor is in the same place. The only difference is that aftermarket white parts had an square proximity sensor the real white one has the same shape as black.